What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
Trojanhorse

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by Trojanhorse »

I think this is a prep - I am hoping to figure out what is eating my my plants in the green house. Laying down some slug pellets.
ukpreppergrrl

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

Trojanhorse wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:54 pm I think this is a prep - I am hoping to figure out what is eating my my plants in the green house. Laying down some slug pellets.
Some of my pak choi have actual teeth marks in them. Not even I can blame the slugs on that one. The cat has had a stern lecture....
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

My god. Slugs that leave teeth marks I do not want to meet in the dark :shock:
cbp125

Post by cbp125 »

sounds like rats or mice to me, they are very active at the moment
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

one thing me and the wife have changed around a little so as not to draw to much attention is how we shop,we both get paid monthly and always do one big shop a month with two shopping trolleys,so for now she is going in her car me in my van and acting like we dont know each other in the supermarket lol,though i have been buying alot more tinned soup than normal when i see it on offer because i take a flask of hot soup with me in the winter...
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
omega man

Post by omega man »

*Cancelled some direct debits, non essentials, streaming services and the like.

*Spent the last three days chopping logs for winter, backs aching but the store is now fit to burst .. though there's never enough
I start back at work tomorrow, sure some of the trees will be ready for a 'haircut' ;)

*Mrs OM has been batch cooking, the new chest freezer we luckily managed to purchase in Jan has been kept at 3/4 full since we've had it, and we are keeping a meticulous itinerary. It's not in the kitchen so would be easy to put 'out of mind'... trying to stay aware.

*Sterilised the home-brew equipment ready for bottling this coming weekend. :D

*Listed loads of stuff on a 'popular auction site' - just a clear out of things we no longer use/want, may as well turn that stuff into cash.

We've decided to implement this regime for the foreseeable. We generally have ebbs and flows between 'careful' and 'frivolous' depending on how we personally judge the worlds Defcon level at any one time, if that makes sense. Hence the above measures this week ....for starters.

OM
mbbaltic

Post by mbbaltic »

I've decided to try and lose a bit of weight before the return of lurgy season in the autumn. It sounds as if just being overweight, let alone diabetic or prediabetic, is a risk factor. If nothing else it will ease the strain on my joints and make it easier to keep fit.

That's the plan, anyway. You know what they say about best laid plans..... :)
jansman

Post by jansman »

Got loads to do today.Cut more firewood that appeared on the front garden,plant runners,borlotti,french climbers,outdoor tomatoes,marrows,spaghetti marrows etc. Refill all the water barrels,start off another batch of beer and sharpen my knives ready for work. That's the trouble with work - it gets in the way! :lol:

We are steadily rebuilding stocks of everything now.Whilst we didn't struggle before and during lockdown,we weren't where we would liked to have been.After that level of weirdness,any situation is certainly possible.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

"After that level of weirdness,any situation is certainly possible."
********************************************************************************
Jansman that should be the new Prepper mantra! Says it all in a nutshell :mrgreen:
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Got a trailerload of firewood myself , "paid" for by dismantling and moving a playhouse. Emptied one of the water butts which gives me the chance to take the tap off which was bunged up.