What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
itsybitsy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by itsybitsy »

jansman wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:17 am
grenfell wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:58 am
jansman wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:06 pm My mechanic says if folk take the 6 month MOT ‘holiday’ there will be such a bottleneck in October that they will fall foul of the law. The stations will not be able to process so many.
My van originally had its mot in march but following someone running into me it had to have one in the july , category S . I'm always busy in july but have a little more leeway to have the van off the road in the earlier months so bit the bullet and booked it in February which of course meant i lost around five months but in hindsight of the current situation i'm thinking it was a good move not that i can say it was planned to work like that.
I reckon ( talking to the mechanic) you did make the right decision.He was adamant about how busy it will be.He said that another problem will be that so many drivers will need to get a ticket,that regulars like me,who ring and say" Brian,got a problem", and he just says, " Drop it off,be done tomorrow ", will not be able to.

Mind you,it's going to be the same with hairdressing and,more importantly,dentistry.I have a problem,but Mrs J is desperate to see our dentist.
Opticians also. I've just paid £500 for two new pairs from Specsavers due to my own practice being now staffed by incompetents. Sadly, although they could get me the specs, they weren't able to fit them properly, despite being in full PPE and a full face visor, so while I can get away with the computer glasses because they are a single vision lens, I can't really wear the new varifocals. Thankfully I've still got my old ones, but the situation is really not good. I fail to understand why dentists and opticians are not seen as essential services!
jansman

Post by jansman »

itsybitsy wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:32 am

My van originally had its mot in march but following someone running into me it had to have one in the july , category S . I'm always busy in july but have a little more leeway to have the van off the road in the earlier months so bit the bullet and booked it in February which of course meant i lost around five months but in hindsight of the current situation i'm thinking it was a good move not that i can say it was planned to work like that.
I reckon ( talking to the mechanic) you did make the right decision.He was adamant about how busy it will be.He said that another problem will be that so many drivers will need to get a ticket,that regulars like me,who ring and say" Brian,got a problem", and he just says, " Drop it off,be done tomorrow ", will not be able to.

Mind you,it's going to be the same with hairdressing and,more importantly,dentistry.I have a problem,but Mrs J is desperate to see our dentist.
Opticians also. I've just paid £500 for two new pairs from Specsavers due to my own practice being now staffed by incompetents. Sadly, although they could get me the specs, they weren't able to fit them properly, despite being in full PPE and a full face visor, so while I can get away with the computer glasses because they are a single vision lens, I can't really wear the new varifocals. Thankfully I've still got my old ones, but the situation is really not good. I fail to understand why dentists and opticians are not seen as essential services!
Yes. Opticians! I only have to wear for reading, but my routine exam was cancelled. I know I need a stronger prescription but when that will happen, who knows?
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Had you paid the 'useless' practice?
If so get your money back, they failed to provide a service.... The very least they could of done was tell you what the 'scrip was, they could of done that over the phone
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
peejay

Post by peejay »

This week I shall be building a chicken coop/run. OH has studied up on their care etc. & building it is a nice project, plus I eat a load of eggs anyway. Materials ordered for a mix of C&C/delivery.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:41 pm

If so get your money back, they failed to provide a service.... The very least they could of done was tell you what the 'scrip was, they could of done that over the phone
Yeah, they've had money. They also used the UC voucher I was entitled to, so I couldn't then use it on my specs at Specsavers. I WILL be getting the two pairs of glasses that are currently floating around in the ether somewhere, once they are open again!
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

itsybitsy wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:05 pm
ForgeCorvus wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:41 pm

Yeah, they've had money. They also used the UC voucher I was entitled to, so I couldn't then use it on my specs at Specsavers. I WILL be getting the two pairs of glasses that are currently floating around in the ether somewhere, once they are open again!

Hopefully from tomorrow then :tinfoil

Had my eyes tested just before lockdown... Just ordered my sun glasses and a spare pair.... For under £37 :P

They also do vary focals apparently starting from a tenner!
Attachments
Screenshot_20200510-214205.png
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

managed to womble two pallets that plaster boards are delivered on today while out working just need a few more so i can strip them down ready to start making log shed number six and should have a ton of crusha run dropped off on friday so i can finish the base ready for slabbing it...
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

jansman wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:06 pm My mechanic says if folk take the 6 month MOT ‘holiday’ there will be such a bottleneck in October that they will fall foul of the law. The stations will not be able to process so many.

My dentist called me on Thursday to let me know she is opening up the practice from June 1. Hopefully your dentist will be doing the same!
jansman

Post by jansman »

itsybitsy wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:47 pm

My dentist called me on Thursday to let me know she is opening up the practice from June 1. Hopefully your dentist will be doing the same!
I bloody hope so,Mrs J is in agony right now with toothache.Will get onto ours tomorrow ASAP.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

Good to know about the dentists! Thanks