What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
BigTonyC

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by BigTonyC »

preppergb wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:31 am So today I'm trawling the interweb looking for more useful infographics, charts, and how-to's for my prep files, I like to collect useful images of assorted stuff such as Edible Plant Recognition, How to Connect up Solar Power Systems, How to make DIY water filters, How to plan a recce mission, Stockpile list (food, tools etc) Maps assorted such as road, rail, canal, pylon , cycleways, Kit lists, equipment schematics etc. I keep them on my PC and on data sticks in each GHB / BOB.
Probably best to print out copies as well. You never know if the power will be up or down when said files are needed...
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I keep getting twitchy thinking that I should be doing something because things are going to be difficult. But I'm not sure what that something should be :evil:
preppergb

Post by preppergb »

BigTonyC wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:15 am
preppergb wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:31 am So today I'm trawling the interweb looking for more useful infographics, charts, and how-to's for my prep files, I like to collect useful images of assorted stuff such as Edible Plant Recognition, How to Connect up Solar Power Systems, How to make DIY water filters, How to plan a recce mission, Stockpile list (food, tools etc) Maps assorted such as road, rail, canal, pylon , cycleways, Kit lists, equipment schematics etc. I keep them on my PC and on data sticks in each GHB / BOB.
Probably best to print out copies as well. You never know if the power will be up or down when said files are needed...
Yup my poor old printer takes a hammering I tend to download everything, then convert it to PDF then Cherry pick the most vital bits and print them off, for a while I was even laminating documents but it got too damn expensive.
preppergb

Post by preppergb »

diamond lil wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:05 pm I keep getting twitchy thinking that I should be doing something because things are going to be difficult. But I'm not sure what that something should be :evil:
Yes I feel the same I hate this isolation, the wife sorts out the food side of things and I do the other parts and we both keep revisiting our preps to see what else we can do, what else needs updating or replacing.
hobo

Post by hobo »

Out of the blue Mrs H suggested we get another freezer for all the extra grub I’m growing this year. Delivery is in 3 days 😀
cbp125

Post by cbp125 »

BigTonyC wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:15 am
I agree with paper copies but you could put the info into a usb key and then store it in several mylar bags and thick objects like a microwave. If you stored a Raspberry Pi and equipment etc you would have a mini EMP backup.
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Slowly building up the loo roll stash, got 2 extra packs of 24. Stocking up on extra tins of tomatoes, carrots and peas and have been introducing these into the lunches and dinners to get them used to the different taste (they don't mind in soups and stews but not so keen as stand alone sides). Got extra litter for the mogster and slowly building up his stash of must haves, the though of him not having his "things" doesn't bare thinking about, he will sit and stare at me till I cave... :lol: he will not eat wet pouch food and it's been difficult getting his regular brand, I have been adding in a new dry mix with his regular food to get him used to it, swine leaves every single bit of it behind in his bowl and eats round it :shock: I will just keep adding to the pile as I do shops.
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Decaff I'm having the same nightmare. We got Beeglie at 8 months when she was firmly stuck in her pattern of one type of food and one type of litter. Got the litter sorted but the food is the same as you - she eats only dry Persian kibble and delicately picks round any wet food on the plate. I've started mixing in another 2 types but she is like a toddler with a jaffa cake - eats the choc and leaves the orange :mrgreen:
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

diamond lil wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:10 pm Decaff I'm having the same nightmare. We got Beeglie at 8 months when she was firmly stuck in her pattern of one type of food and one type of litter. Got the litter sorted but the food is the same as you - she eats only dry Persian kibble and delicately picks round any wet food on the plate. I've started mixing in another 2 types but she is like a toddler with a jaffa cake - eats the choc and leaves the orange :mrgreen:
Oh gawd.... I feel your pain! It amazes me how they delicately eat around the "alien" food, they can't possibly see each bit as they eat it?! :lol: Yet tonight he was begging for a piece of hash brown..... Weird critters :lol: I don't dare mess with the choice of litter... he's an indoor mogg and I really don't want to find little gifts hidden about the place. :oops: :shock: :lol:
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Yes she's an indoor cat too. Never been outside in her life. But she doesn't show any interest in it anyway, thank goodness. Too busy hiding around the house winding us up..
Attachments
imageedit_19_8863869729.jpg