What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
diamond lil

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by diamond lil »

That's them Andy, Bike It make them. They are great, they stay up over your nose and don't wrinkle up or fall.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

They look good!
jansman

Post by jansman »

Well,I am low on paraffin for the greenhouse.I only use it for frost protection.Took my eye off the ball on that one! What I do have left will be kept for the anti frost heater in the ourside loo - although we are over the worst now,but you never know.So,what to do?

I have lots of ' resources ' :lol: lying around the yard.So I have made a frame to go inside the tunnel.2x2 timber and polytunnel plastic. Works a treat for the tender plants.Also made a thermal cover to go over that at night from a spaceblanket. Necessity is ever the mother of invention!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
cbp125

Post by cbp125 »

jansman wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:54 am Well,I am low on paraffin for the greenhouse.I only use it for frost protection.Took my eye off the ball on that one! What I do have left will be kept for the anti frost heater in the ourside loo - although we are over the worst now,but you never know.So,what to do?

I have lots of ' resources ' :lol: lying around the yard.So I have made a frame to go inside the tunnel.2x2 timber and polytunnel plastic. Works a treat for the tender plants.Also made a thermal cover to go over that at night from a spaceblanket. Necessity is ever the mother of invention!
Have you tried using a candle? you can collect the wax and reuse it then the only consumables will be the wicks which are cheap and small to store.
jansman

Post by jansman »

cbp125 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:07 am
jansman wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:54 am Well,I am low on paraffin for the greenhouse.I only use it for frost protection.Took my eye off the ball on that one! What I do have left will be kept for the anti frost heater in the ourside loo - although we are over the worst now,but you never know.So,what to do?

Have you tried using a candle? you can collect the wax and reuse it then the only consumables will be the wicks which are cheap and small to store.
Jansman slaps forehead and says”doh!” :lol: Low tech all the way! Thank you. I was going to say it was a lightbulb moment. My tunnel has electricity for the propagates , so I might rig up a lightbulb for low heat.

Robert Frost.

Me.
BugOut66

Post by BugOut66 »

HomeHardener wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:49 am Today my new security device arrived for the patio doors.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00K1Y ... asin_title

Tomorrow my new EDC bag arrives, ready for when I go back to work, whenever that may be. But the bag also serves a secondary purpose for a hobby of mine too, so money well spent.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07D5G ... prod_image

The idea being that it’s semi tactical, without looking too tactical.
Thanks for this. I’m ordering one of those patio locks right now.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:18 am

Jansman slaps forehead and says”doh!” :lol: Low tech all the way! Thank you. I was going to say it was a lightbulb moment. My tunnel has electricity for the propagates , so I might rig up a lightbulb for low heat.
Tubular heater then if you have power built in thermostat so you don't need to worry about turning it off and on
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sunhouse-SHTTH ... er+&sr=8-3

You can get different lengths shorter use less power

Based on a claimed 600w from a 4 wick paraffin heater
Screenshot_20200404-114623.png
Screenshot_20200404-114758.png
Your looking at 150w per wick so you can base its size on your needs :)

Ok I uses electric but paraffin is blooming expensive
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
HomeHardener

Post by HomeHardener »

After my order for my pre made raised bed two weeks ago went out the window.
I decided to just make my own one.
So I’m now finally able to start growing my own veg, I’m new to it so il start off with the basics!
Attachments
B85C880B-E765-4457-BD40-B64A3961A03D.jpeg
B85C880B-E765-4457-BD40-B64A3961A03D.jpeg (33.68 KiB) Viewed 1316 times
@Homehardening_uk
jansman

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:43 am
jansman wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:18 am

Tubular heater then if you have power built in thermostat so you don't need to worry about turning it off and on
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sunhouse-SHTTH ... er+&sr=8-3

You can get different lengths shorter use less power

Based on a claimed 600w from a 4 wick paraffin heater
Screenshot_20200404-114623.png

Screenshot_20200404-114758.png

Your looking at 150w per wick so you can base its size on your needs :)

Ok I uses electric but paraffin is blooming expensive
I will get one of those tubes when I can. Right now, we are spending nothing!

Robert Frost.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Dont blame you last one I acquired came from a skip when work demolished an old toilet block :mrgreen:

Managed to start tidying the workshop today looking Less like a bomb site
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine