What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
Arzosah

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by Arzosah »

I've been doing a stocktake, and found I've become complacent about rotation, my beloved green pesto in particular :( . Most things are only a few months out of date, but there are a few that might get me thrown out of the club :?

Another prep I must learn to implement, is that when somebody asks me how I'm doing, how much shopping I've managed to get, I mustn't say "loads" :shock: My instinct is always to imply "I'm fine, no problems" but I *have* to start saying things like "I'm getting by", "its a bit of a grind to get to the shops, isn't it", stuff like that. What phrases are people using?
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Arzosah wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:48 pm I've been doing a stocktake, and found I've become complacent about rotation, my beloved green pesto in particular :( . Most things are only a few months out of date, but there are a few that might get me thrown out of the club :?

Another prep I must learn to implement, is that when somebody asks me how I'm doing, how much shopping I've managed to get, I mustn't say "loads" :shock: My instinct is always to imply "I'm fine, no problems" but I *have* to start saying things like "I'm getting by", "its a bit of a grind to get to the shops, isn't it", stuff like that. What phrases are people using?
:Finger hovers over ban Button:. :mrgreen:

I'll live, got soaked waiting to get into Tesco, can't get any whole milk/ flour/ bread / bog roll

Run out of beans / tea bags yesterday

Poor staff stood outside, woman at our local supermarket controlling people in and out was frozen due to the lack of warm clothing available and having to be "in uniform"

Found the best time it attempt a supermarket was first thing in the damp drizzle was only me waiting to get in to our local supermarket at 10am masked up gloved up people avoided me like I had the plague meaning for no trolley rage and there were 5 others in "masks" in the shop only me and one other chap with masks offering any formof protection
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
HomeHardener

Post by HomeHardener »

Today my new security device arrived for the patio doors.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00K1Y ... asin_title

Tomorrow my new EDC bag arrives, ready for when I go back to work, whenever that may be. But the bag also serves a secondary purpose for a hobby of mine too, so money well spent.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07D5G ... prod_image

The idea being that it’s semi tactical, without looking too tactical.
@Homehardening_uk
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:48 pm I've been doing a stocktake, and found I've become complacent about rotation, my beloved green pesto in particular :( . Most things are only a few months out of date, but there are a few that might get me thrown out of the club :?

When asked," we have enough " is our answer. And you know what? It *is* enough. Oh yes,Arzosah,no more infringements of the club rules. :lol: :lol: :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Two bikers in this family and I've found the best mask is to pinch one of their neck/face thingies. I don't know what they're called - but its like a tube and you pull it over your head then either leave it round yr neck or pull it right up to cover your nose. They are tight and don't fall down.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jansman wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:10 amOh yes,Arzosah,no more infringements of the club rules. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Phew, I got away with it that time :lol:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

diamond lil wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:18 am Two bikers in this family and I've found the best mask is to pinch one of their neck/face thingies. I don't know what they're called - but its like a tube and you pull it over your head then either leave it round yr neck or pull it right up to cover your nose. They are tight and don't fall down.
I googled "motorbike head equipment under helmet" :lol: :lol: :lol: and it came up with "balaclavas" - I bet you remember them, I know I do :mrgreen: Good catch, Lil.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Not balaclavas no, husband and son have balaclavas too. This is a tube, doesnt go right over the head.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

diamond lil wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:18 am Two bikers in this family and I've found the best mask is to pinch one of their neck/face thingies. I don't know what they're called - but its like a tube and you pull it over your head then either leave it round yr neck or pull it right up to cover your nose. They are tight and don't fall down.
A buff (brand name)

Or these

https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/buy/bik ... XEQAvD_BwE
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Pete_59

Post by Pete_59 »

I think they're known as 'Snoods'