What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by jansman »

Deeps wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:09 am
jansman wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:12 pm
As soon as this is over, it will take about 48 hours and Preppers will go back to being ‘Nutters’ .
Until the next round of Brexit* panic anyway..... ;)

*Remember Brexit, that was the thing where we got our drama before the Corona virus came along.
I remember that... :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:37 am
Deeps wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:09 am
jansman wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:12 pm
As soon as this is over, it will take about 48 hours and Preppers will go back to being ‘Nutters’ .
Until the next round of Brexit* panic anyway..... ;)

*Remember Brexit, that was the thing where we got our drama before the Corona virus came along.
I remember that... :lol:

Local BBC radio have been banging on about panic buying and stockpiling currently calling us/ them stupid and selfish....

Along with the MIL on Saturday ranting about us "panic buying" strange last time i bought bulk bog roll was Christmas time some of which got put up in the attic with the Christmas tree. Along with washing powder and fabric softener which were on offer on Amazon way below rrp if bought in large units ..

That said I did offer to sell her a pack for £6....... (Retail price marked on the packs) and she turned her nose up..
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I would agree, which ones do you have please Diamond Lil. I bought Eating for Victory, healthy home cooking on war rations a while ago. I too did a bit of research and found Lord Woolton's pie, which sounded pretty good. I really wish that I had kept some of my Granny's old cookery books now. She was a great budget cook. Hope you feel better soon.
[/quote]

Hi Medusa! I have Eating for Victory too, and We'll Eat Again, and the Victorian Kitchen (from the BBC series), as well as a couple of ancient 1920s cookbooks I forget the names of. Oh and you must get the Bicycles Bloomers one, it's brilliant! Not just for meals but also for cakes and biscuits... :mrgreen:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bicycles-Bloom ... oks&sr=1-1
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Slightly ashamed to say, I just dumped two trays of *leftover meals from the garage freezer.
All dated 2018 to Jan 2019,
*comprising a few experimental meals such as chickpea curry, soya bologneses etc trayed up, after cooking extra sized batches.
Maybe a fiver worth. I should, of course, have rotated and eaten them along the way.

Oh hum. Sorry World.
In my defence, the garage freezer is generally inaccessible.

So, now I have space for some fresh, higher value stock of meat and cheese.

Meanwhile, I can report that ASDA had 5 bags of 24x cushelle in stock. I didn't buy any!
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Ended up in B&Q yesterday.... They had two pallets of 24Xpacks of Andrex at 11 quid a pack
I didn't buy any ;)
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

I am thinking I may move my log pile closer to the house partly for the exercise and partly for security.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Trojanhorse wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:41 am I am thinking I may move my log pile closer to the house partly for the exercise and partly for security.
Forgive me for asking, but do your neighbours steal your firewood? If I did that it would kill me. :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

Not exactly prepping, but out in the sticks in the new bell tent with a woodburner. I wanted to see if I could manage cooking on a wood stove as we have 2 at home and I did. Weather is awful but I made a cracking beef stew and dumplings. Pretty much been self isolated here without any need, but it's been lovely.
Growing old disgracefully!
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

That sounds good!
mightymayesy

Post by mightymayesy »

Hi all!

Huge shoutout to the contributors of this thread.

As a long time forum lurker and sometime contributor, a few weeks ago I heeded some sage recommendations on here and have added lots of recent preps to an already 30 day power, food, water and medicine plan. Up to three months now for my family.

Self isolating.

My recommendation - and most recent prep - if they are still delivering, a garden play fort for the kids once schools lockdown and are advised against going to the local play park. Dunster in the UK have loads of options.

Many thanks.

MM
Spoiler Alert: Everyone dies.

Prepping Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ukpreppershtf/