What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
jennyjj01

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by jennyjj01 »

Arzosah wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:45 pm I'm *so* regretting booking that dratted holiday. If I get smacked by Covid 19, or La Cumbre Vieja, or a Saharan sandstorm, can I ask you all to intone "we told you so" at an appropriate moment? :mrgreen: :roll:
And if all goes well, make a point of telling us not to over react again.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

PreppingPingu wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:03 pm
Arzosah wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:45 pm
I'm *so* regretting booking that dratted holiday. If I get smacked by Covid 19, or La Cumbre Vieja, or a Saharan sandstorm, can I ask you all to intone "we told you so" at an appropriate moment? :mrgreen: :roll:
Enjoy your holiday either way - what'll be will be :D You have preps at home so when you get back if you have to hunker down - at least you will be refreshed after a chill out and relaxed holiday! Having said that, if you do get caught up in anything abroad, make sure you always are prepared in what you carry about you everyday on holiday, know where local things of importance are etc etc.
Thanks Pingu! I'm on a "little" cruise ship (800 passengers) regional departure, so probably UK only passengers, I've cancelled 2 excursions - we perceive the danger on the islands is using buses that other tourists have used, frankly. Walking about the port where we've docked should be the same risk as walking about here, I think.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jennyjj01 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:14 pm
Arzosah wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:45 pm I'm *so* regretting booking that dratted holiday. If I get smacked by Covid 19, or La Cumbre Vieja, or a Saharan sandstorm, can I ask you all to intone "we told you so" at an appropriate moment? :mrgreen: :roll:
And if all goes well, make a point of telling us not to over react again.
Thanks Jenny! Honestly, I don't think we are overreacting, I've just got the timing wrong on this, the European explosion in case numbers happened well before I thought it would. I've seen rumours of a particular Italian hospital not taking appropriate precautions - and I'm hearing the same thing about the hotel in Tenerife, actually. Being on a small UK cruise ship is sort of reassuring in that respect, actually, we know this line and the hygiene precautions are fierce.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

In the meantime, I had a supermarket delivery yesterday (not huge, but lots of staples) and the frozen stuff stayed out of the freezer - dehydrator is doing its thing on them :)
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Just home from Costco where I spent an eye-watering amount but am happy. Tea, coffee, creamer, porridge, broth mix, laundry stuff, bog rolls, some tins, and filled the freezer with meat. Went up first thing and we were in and out by 9.30am. When I started nursing (in the Stone Age) I worked in an Infectious Diseases unit and I used this morning's trip to refresh my memory of how to do things :mrgreen:
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:24 pm Just home from Costco where I spent an eye-watering amount but am happy. Tea, coffee, creamer, porridge, broth mix, laundry stuff, bog rolls, some tins, and filled the freezer with meat. Went up first thing and we were in and out by 9.30am. When I started nursing (in the Stone Age) I worked in an Infectious Diseases unit and I used this morning's trip to refresh my memory of how to do things :mrgreen:
Infection control doesn't really change Lil,and if you were in Infectious Diseases,you know the drill.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
ClericalError

Post by ClericalError »

Thanks for the gardening tips - I knew I remembered there being some really helpful people on here.
jansman

Post by jansman »

ClericalError wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:57 pm Thanks for the gardening tips - I knew I remembered there being some really helpful people on here.
?????????

Robert Frost.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jansman wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:04 pm
ClericalError wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:57 pm Thanks for the gardening tips - I knew I remembered there being some really helpful people on here.
?????????
I think that was you and me first off, jansman - perennial edibles :) your lovely link to the backyard gardener (?) gave me a few ideas too. And I'd forgotten that I have sorrel in my garden too, its seeded itself from one plant I bought, and I get some lovely rosettes each year.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:50 am
jansman wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:04 pm
?????????
I think that was you and me first off, jansman - perennial edibles :) your lovely link to the backyard gardener (?) gave me a few ideas too. And I'd forgotten that I have sorrel in my garden too, its seeded itself from one plant I bought, and I get some lovely rosettes each year.
Sorrel soup is a favourite of ours Arzosah.

Robert Frost.

Me.