What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
diamond lil

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by diamond lil »

Being a prepper covers a lot of subjects :mrgreen: It's mainly a state of mind. An ability to adapt and survive. And wee ratty old ladies can be just as good at it as tough fit ex-Forces men. But maybe wouldn't be able to last as long.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

diamond lil wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:16 pm Being a prepper covers a lot of subjects :mrgreen: It's mainly a state of mind. An ability to adapt and survive. And wee ratty old ladies can be just as good at it as tough fit ex-Forces men. But maybe wouldn't be able to last as long.
I would never say that lil............................. not without a 100 meter start anyway :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:16 pm Being a prepper covers a lot of subjects :mrgreen: It's mainly a state of mind. An ability to adapt and survive. And wee ratty old ladies can be just as good at it as tough fit ex-Forces men. But maybe wouldn't be able to last as long.
Spot on.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

pseudonym wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:27 pm
I would never say that lil............................. not without a 100 meter start anyway :mrgreen:
:lol: I hear ya bro.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Respect to both the wee ratty old lady :mrgreen: and the tough fit ex-Forces man :D Sorry it's particularly tough at the moment :(
My "prepping" right now is ridiculous - trying to get the house into a state that suits me to live in, rather than somewhere that's got layers of half finished projects covered in dust :oops: It's kind of working, but everything's all over the place. Simplifying life: getting rid of a wide-slatted venetian blind in my bedroom, replacing the blown window panes in the double glazing, and getting a dual-layer blind from blinds2go (I got two recommendations about them, from online friends) one layer gives day privacy, the 2nd gives a blackout effect. Plus my curtains, which are already blackout-lined, and I'm good to go.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Arzosah wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:13 pm
Respect to both the wee ratty old lady :mrgreen: and the tough fit ex-Forces man :D Sorry it's particularly tough at the moment :(
My "prepping" right now is ridiculous - trying to get the house into a state that suits me to live in, rather than somewhere that's got layers of half finished projects covered in dust :oops: It's kind of working, but everything's all over the place. Simplifying life: getting rid of a wide-slatted venetian blind in my bedroom, replacing the blown window panes in the double glazing, and getting a dual-layer blind from blinds2go (I got two recommendations about them, from online friends) one layer gives day privacy, the 2nd gives a blackout effect. Plus my curtains, which are already blackout-lined, and I'm good to go.
What about us ratty old Forces Men :?: ;)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

pseudonym wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:59 pm
What about us ratty old Forces Men :?: ;)
I must admit, I no longer fit the 'fit' category in Lil's comparison, more 'ratty' myself. :D
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Men are very handy things, ratty or not. They're big and brave and fearless, and they kill scary things.
Like piders !! :lol:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

diamond lil wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:13 am Men are very handy things, ratty or not. They're big and brave and fearless, and they kill scary things.
Totally agree with Lil :lol: ratty, strong, whatevs :lol:
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:13 am Men are very handy things, ratty or not. They're big and brave and fearless, and they kill scary things.
I am up early anyhow, but I always make sure I get downstairs before Mrs J , because we NEVER know what’s the cats have dragged in , dead or alive! Live mouse this morning- it was lucky, as I ‘tailed ‘ it and put it outside. Top tip, always pick them up by the tail, so they can’t bite you. We have had starlings, mice, frogs ( a favourite of Eric our old Tom),pigeons and only once, a young rat! :lol: :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.