Help please

How are you preparing
korolev

Re: Help please

Post by korolev »

How about building a small box round it and fitting an incandescent bulb in it ? The heat should be enough to keep it thawed.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

korolev wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:12 am How about building a small box round it and fitting an incandescent bulb in it ? The heat should be enough to keep it thawed.

Or
One of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dimplex-Ecot1f ... B00NT0X8K2
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

diamond lil wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:26 pm Anybody know a foolproof way to insulate the regulator on propane gas cylinders? The only way I know is to pour warm water over it - but of course that just then freezes and the gas dies again :evil:
Adjust the Regulator Vent Hole

A propane gas regulator is normally equipped with a vent hole. Adjust the regulator vent hole in a way that it points down to drain out the moisture from the regulator instead of building up and freezing the regulator.
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Son stuffed a handful of loft insulation round it and jammed a 6pt milk carton over it. See how that goes.
TY all for help xx
jansman

Post by jansman »

I’ll bet that works too.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Bloody thing froze again, minus 5 this morning. It never used to do this - only used to freeze at minus 9-10. So this morning we went really high tech.. I filled a pink hot water bottle and stuck it on top of the damn thing. Next door will think I've lost the plot. :lol: :lol:
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Not silly if it works..

Our semi ferral (her choosing) cat was happy with her hot water bottle in her "box" last night

( Box is built into the lean too shed with a cat flap access lined with 25mm kingspan pir insulation on all sides ) so even her own body heat warms it quickly..

Won the approval of the local RSPCA inspector when we caught a sick stray who was asking about the cat flap and how sheds can be bad for cats (petrol fumes etc)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Aw that's nice Andy. We had a big ginger tom for a few years and we made him a cosy box too.