Brexit in October?

How are you preparing
Deeps

Re: Brexit in October?

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:04 pm Precious metals have spiked. Sure sign of lack of confidence by investors. Whatever the rights and wrongs though, Trump’s Bitch needs to grow a pair and let his peers scrutinise his plans. It might be gamesmanship, but I call it cowardice.

This last three years has fundamentally changed British Democracy, and not in a good way. It’s gonna happen, and it looks like it will be messy - but that is not an issue when your money comes from the Public Purse and you most likely have private income.
He's not been shy in putting his plans out there. Basically the Backstop needs to be removed/changed or its a no deal Brexit. I don't blame him in the slightest for using any means available to him, the rest of them would. It really is a case of blame the game, not the player.

I just hope that we get some kind of electoral reform on the back of the last few years of self serving from our elected representatives.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Arzosah wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:05 pm Yep, yep, and yep ... I'm with Deeps nowadays in spoiling my ballot paper. People worked hard to get me the right to vote, so I won't not go, but I won't condone any of the nonsense, plus the constituency I live in is very far apart from my own views. So I spoil, and live in hope that someone, some day, will do an analysis of the spoiled papers (which are kept along with the others, and which can all be traced to individuals) anyway, yes, I hope the spoils will be analysed and someone will ask *why*, and ask what's being written ... I live in hope ... about some things, anyway.
I'm of the same mind.

When negotiating you need to be able to walk away, saying "we have to have a deal, any deal" puts you in a weak position at the table
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Arzosah wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:05 pm Yep, yep, and yep ... I'm with Deeps nowadays in spoiling my ballot paper. People worked hard to get me the right to vote, so I won't not go, but I won't condone any of the nonsense, plus the constituency I live in is very far apart from my own views. So I spoil, and live in hope that someone, some day, will do an analysis of the spoiled papers (which are kept along with the others, and which can all be traced to individuals) anyway, yes, I hope the spoils will be analysed and someone will ask *why*, and ask what's being written ... I live in hope ... about some things, anyway.
This. We're lucky enough to be able to change our 'Dear Leader' from time to time. I can't offer a better alternative to Party politics but its all about picking a side and then shouting down anyone on the other side, it strikes me as a pretty infantile way to do things. I've traditionally been left of centre on most issues and was largely a Labour voter but over the years they've come up with stuff I haven't been too keen on. I now have no need to pigeonhole myself, especially if it means I have to be blinkered on what any of the 'other lot' have to say. Politics has become a replacement for religion for some, just keep repeating the mantra until you shout down the unbelievers.

A lot of people now vote tactically, voting for either the 'least worst' or to try and block the party they see as worst. Its not a healthy way to do it. Its a bloody tragic way really and I came out of retirement in the General Election to vote tactically against the SNP (fortunately a Labour vote) and to vote for that charming fellow Farage's party in the EU elections again as a protest vote it'll be back to drawing a 'cock and balls' and "NONE OF THE ABOVE" for me I reckon. There's no point in not voting and only minimal point in turning up to spoil your paper, I don't feel the need to pick a favourite or 'least worst' on a regular basis.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:21 pm
I'm of the same mind.

When negotiating you need to be able to walk away, saying "we have to have a deal, any deal" puts you in a weak position at the table
You wouldn't walk into a car showroom and say to the guy "I'm not sure what I'm after but I'm going to buy it from you".
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Deeps wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:25 pm
ForgeCorvus wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:21 pm
I'm of the same mind.

You wouldn't walk into a car showroom and say to the guy "I'm not sure what I'm after but I'm going to buy it from you".
Exactly my point
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:28 pm
Exactly my point
:lol: Just reinforcing it with a crap analogy mate. ;)
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Yes, sometimes I wonder if what I'm saying (or typing) makes sense :oops: . At least you got it .
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:44 pm Yes, sometimes I wonder if what I'm saying (or typing) makes sense :oops: . At least you got it .
Its definitely easier to be misunderstood by 'letters' than it is face to face where you can pick up all the wee tells we've developed and understood since we crawled out the swamps and grew arms and legs.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

I'm just glad that finally something is getting done towards actually leaving.

Also, haven't the remain side been using every "trick" they can to try and gain an advantage? Now the boot is on the other foot so to speak, they dont like it.

Whatever side of the [debate? :lol: ] you fall on, this issue has certainly shown up how out of their depth many politicians really are and how ill informed and dumbed down much of the public have become, or choose to be.

It will all be over soon either way and more important matters will occupy our time I'm sure.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:05 am I'm just glad that finally something is getting done towards actually leaving.

Also, haven't the remain side been using every "trick" they can to try and gain an advantage? Now the boot is on the other foot so to speak, they dont like it.
I really hope we don't debate Brexit itself on here.
Whatever side of the [debate? :lol: ] you fall on, this issue has certainly shown up how out of their depth many politicians really are and how ill informed and dumbed down much of the public have become, or choose to be.
This, absolutely!