Brexit in October?

How are you preparing
diamond lil

Re: Brexit in October?

Post by diamond lil »

Let's hope we don't have a tsunami/earthquake/meteor strike or hurricane anytime then :lol:
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Tottenham are playing away at Everton on Saturday 2nd Nov and when I raised the question of planing ahead for any potential Brexit related travel problems with my companions.......... you can guess the outcome :roll: :( :?

Most people probably wont even think about filling up their fuel tanks etc until the night before. Also going into London and other larger cities might not be advisable if any demos start happening.

Lets hope its all over by Xmas.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:37 am Tottenham are playing away at Everton on Saturday 2nd Nov and when I raised the question of planing ahead for any potential Brexit related travel problems with my companions.......... you can guess the outcome :roll: :( :?

Most people probably wont even think about filling up their fuel tanks etc until the night before. Also going into London and other larger cities might not be advisable if any demos start happening.

Lets hope its all over by Xmas.
I hadn't even considered how Brexit could affect football......

Agree that avoiding large towns and cities in case of demos etc would make sense, however it pans out there's going to be a lot of unhappy people looking to vent their frustrations.

As for over by Xmas, they said that about the First World War, just saying.....

I'll carry on doing my thing, Its time for me to target and refine my preps to our needs, extra pet food for example, I can't see it being a priority if there are any 'issues'.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Arzosah wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:38 pmI still might have to do the trip that week :( juggling the calendars of 3 adults with vastly different lives to get a 5 day break at a month's notice ... its not the greatest thing in the world.
This was about my trip at the end of next month, returning home on 31st October. Yep, its going to happen that way :( it's the only week available this side of our deadline. I think what I *will* do is get a flexible ticket, not the slightly cheaper Advance ticket. That could well save a lot of faff with patrolling ticket checkers.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So now Boris has been found guilty of illegally suspending parliament, I imagine the chances of leaving on 31st October just nosedived.

You couldn't make this stuff up could you?
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:56 amYou couldn't make this stuff up could you?
You really couldn't :shock: I've had a live politics newsfeed on in the background all day, it's been fascinating, especially because I don't have to wade through all the "filler" of the history of what's gone on, as you have to with actual articles.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:56 am :lol: :lol: :lol:

So now Boris has been found guilty of illegally suspending parliament, I imagine the chances of leaving on 31st October just nosedived.

You couldn't make this stuff up could you?
If it wasn't so important it would be laughable. I must admit, I was surprised that it went against BoJo, I thought his "Honest, guv, parliament has been going for ages..." would have worked although we all knew (including Queenie) that it was bollox. Its just another spanner in the clusterf*ck that is the Brexit process. The whole thing has become so toxic and however it pans out there's going to be a lot of pissed off peeps. We've tied ourselves in knots over this, parliament against the people, parliament against the government.... parliament against parliament... time to strap in and break out the popcorn, its going to be a rollercoaster.
jansman

Post by jansman »

The thing is, it’s not important anymore. It’s a total joke. We are all expecting crap, so we won’t be disappointed!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:02 pm The thing is, it’s not important anymore. It’s a total joke. We are all expecting crap, so we won’t be disappointed!
Yeah, I suppose we know its going to be a massive disappointment however it pans out. Unless somehow we have a hard brexit (doesn't seem possible now) and you're a hard brexiteer then there's going to be some aspects that people aren't going to be happy with in whatever deal we come away with. There's a reason the other parties are stepping back from forcing a General Election, none of them really want to be tarnished with being involved in actually dealing with Brexit. They're also enjoying watching the Tories stew right enough and tearing into each other but its a poisoned chalice for whoever deals with the process.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Totally agree.

But , you know what? To quote the great Baz Lurman, “ The real problems are the ones that blindside you on a lazy Tuesday afternoon.”

In my case , my dear wife’s cancer. That shit polarises your mind. The cast of the Beano that run this country needs a reality check. They also need to be in the real world that the rest of us live in.

Rant over.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.