Brexit in October?

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: Brexit in October?

Post by jansman »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:34 am Another point on the Tesco stock issue. Mrs A informs me that they have closed down their butchers department completely and now only sell pre-packed cuts of meat. (Didn't even notice it myself, shows how little I go inside.) Its a big store too not a little local one, I wonder if this is happening anywhere else?
Cost saving.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

diamond lil wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:43 pm Re supermarket fuel, we had a Ford Scorpio V6 Cosworth and once - only once - husband filled up in Tescos instead of Shell. The twin cats both blew at the same time. Cost us £700 to repair. :shock: Never ever went went near supermarket fuel again.
Ouch! Why don't they make cossi rocket ships anymore :-( :-(
That said I'm sure most of the UK driver's and completely oblivious how to drive and to what's going on around them today In the works van tootling along at 50 had a car pull out of cross roads turning right into my direction of travel . I lifted off to allow them to get upto speed then they anchored up . I brakes empty van screamed back tyres. They shit themselves. Why there's a combine harvester coming the other way. .. plenty of room to pass normally :/

Usuall drag to work 30 to 60 uphill the amount I leave standing in my little 1.6 family bus who have ridden my bumper for miles in the 30
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

Went to tesco today for fuel. 8 out of 12 nozzles Unleaded closed :?
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
Ahastyatom

Post by Ahastyatom »

Stonecarver wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:33 pm Went to tesco today for fuel. 8 out of 12 nozzles Unleaded closed :?
Our Tesco had no unleaded at all mid week! Unfortunately they did not put up any signs so people only realised once they drove in, it was very chaotic.
jansman

Post by jansman »

I need half a tank of fuel per week for commuting. I am currently topping it up at the three quarter full point, as I will be doing a lot of hospital journeys from next week. It is a big IF, when we talk about fuel shortages, but I cannot take the chance. Mind you, if it does happen, it will bring the country to its knees.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Sunday afternoon 4pm, Suffolk / A12 / Tesco, no unleaded petrol.

Shell garage opposite has a cue on all pumps.

I assume its a Tesco only issue. :?:
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:56 pm Sunday afternoon 4pm, Suffolk / A12 / Tesco, no unleaded petrol.

Shell garage opposite has a cue on all pumps.

I assume its a Tesco only issue. :?:
Knowing supermarkets, they probably haven’t paid the fuel company!

Robert Frost.

Me.
jeffleft

Post by jeffleft »

Yes I agree about today's drivers, I don't know why manufacturers fit indicators anymore in fact why bother with driving licenses?
People cant grasp when they pass the test, they have been awarded the right to drive on the road and should continue to improve their skill while respecting other drivers! :evil: :x

Instead the driving licence allows people to become more intune with our primates, cutting you up when to get a car distance ahead only to get caught by the next set of lights or who don't see a need to let you know where they are going or surprise you with a three point turn in the middle of the road. All sharingthat same sense of entitlement!! well Rollocks to them all!!!!!!
##EDIT all primates should be respected even the BMW, AUDI and white van drivers##! :lol:
Anyway :lol: That's my Victor Meldrew moment done with!! :roll:

But yes fuel is a worry! :?

Anyone have advice about storing fuel? I found this, does it need to be followed to the letter? :roll:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/car- ... z6hjlk9kgq#
Last edited by jeffleft on Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
The world garnered your chance existence, the most you can expect is your next breath and the most you can truly want is a peaceful passing
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jeffleft wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:05 pm ... become more intune with our primates, (aggressive orangutan) ...
Nooooo! Sorry, but orangs are solitary, they only come together to mate, and the offspring strike out on their own when they're older adolescents. Socially, the most like us of the great apes are chimpanzees (they're most like us genetically too). They live in groups, the groups may exchange members, the young males they go a-wandering :mrgreen: , the groups may fight one another and individuals may go hunting - other chimps or prey animals. I love all the great apes, but they're very different from one another.

As for storing fuel ... well, legal and safe are two different things. Knowingly breaking the law isn't wise - bad things might happen as a consequence of that at the very time you most need it. Knowingly storing fuel unsafely is not only unwise, it will get you your very own Darwin Award https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Awards
jansman

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy will tell us the rules on fuel storage presently.They are strict for a reason...people can die if you ignore them.

Regarding car indicators,they are optional only if you drive a Audi!

Robert Frost.

Me.