Brexit in October?

How are you preparing
Arzosah

Re: Brexit in October?

Post by Arzosah »

An interesting article on individual stockpiling on Yahoo News today, which mentioned the facebook group. I love the woman who's got 3 months supply for herself, but over a year for her dog:

“I’ve got more dog food than human food,” said Helena Adams, who has more than a year of dog food supplies and three months of stocks for herself.

She said she was most concerned about her beloved pet Charlie: “The government is clearly not going to prioritise dog food at the ports.”

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/uk-br ... 52565.html
jansman

Post by jansman »

I was talking to a customer today. He is a Pharmacist. He told me that certain drugs ( including cancer treatments) could be an “issue”. My wife will be undergoing cancer treatment from next week ,and this is very much a concern. What has this country done to itself?
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:10 pm I was talking to a customer today. He is a Pharmacist. He told me that certain drugs ( including cancer treatments) could be an “issue”. My wife will be undergoing cancer treatment from next week ,and this is very much a concern. What has this country done to itself?
Its a tough one, while it would suit me for a second 'peoples vote' (how bloody patronising is that) we've had a vote. Parliament seem to have (and continue to) make a absolute arse of it. They're the culprits in all this.

I hope Jan is well mate, it must be a stressful time for both of you.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Very sorry to hear about your wife needing that treatment, jansman :( I hope all goes well.

As for what this country has done to itself ... aiee. I keep thinking about how it would seem to be self harm, if the UK was an individual.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Sorry to hear that Jansman, politicians don't see the real impact their silly games have on ordinary peoples lives. Hope all goes well.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
jansman

Post by jansman »

Thanks for the good wishes folks.

What Arwen said, that the politicians don’t see the impact of their silly games, is so true.

As well as medicine and food supplies, businesses up and down the country could well suffer, along with all- important livelihoods of employees. My own boss will sack and sell up. That will be 24 jobs. Times that by however many up and down the land...

Aah well, I will finish my tea and go fishing. Clear my head ( I wish) for a few hours.

Robert Frost.

Me.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

The really annoying part is if they'd of got on with it we'd be out the other side and Know what needs doing to sort any problems.
As it is, everyone is still guessing.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

jansman wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:10 pm I was talking to a customer today. He is a Pharmacist. He told me that certain drugs ( including cancer treatments) could be an “issue”. My wife will be undergoing cancer treatment from next week ,and this is very much a concern. What has this country done to itself?
Hopefully your wife will get better quickly
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
jansman

Post by jansman »

Stonecarver wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:09 pm
Hopefully your wife will get better quickly
Thanks.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Went to Tesco's today for cheap fuel using a money off voucher (tight wad that I am) and again there was no AD Blue in the shop.

An old chap was filling up his car in front of ours and hey presto, in the boot he also had two Jerry cans he was also filing at the same time. I asked if he was planning ahead for Brexit and he just smiled and said "You never know, you cant trust these B****y politicians" Nuff Said!

In the store there was a distinct lack of decent looking fresh veg and there didnt appear to be any on trolleys waiting to be put out.

Very low bread count on the racks and virtually no lemon juice.

Its probably nothing. :tinfoil
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"