Brexit in October?

How are you preparing
Stonecarver

Re: Brexit in October?

Post by Stonecarver » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:17 pm

jansman wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:45 am
So. Everyone is pig sick of Brexit and the cartoon characters dealing with it and frankly ,I am beyond caring now. At the beginning of the year it really did look as though we may have to endure shortages etc. and (if?) it happens this year we may still.

Like many of us, I stocked up on items I considered essential.However, since our youngest moved out, we find that we use so much less! I truly cannot wait for our next electricity bill. :lol: The garden is producing as much as we need right now, and we will certainly be good for spuds well past Autumn.

The boss of Tesco said this week that stockpiling “ Long life foods” could be a logistical issue , “as Christmas stock would be in the system”.

Does anyone here feel that here may be a problem come Autumn, or are you pretty relaxed about it, like me?
I AM totally sick off brexit. Whether it happens or not what I do or dont do, most things will stay the same for me. I am ..like Deeps said...going to keep prepping. After all it is part and parcel of life now.
One sure sign of the decline of a civilisation is the inability to reproduce the technological achievments of its past

Arwen Thebard

Re: Brexit in October?

Post by Arwen Thebard » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:37 pm

jansman wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:45 am
So. Everyone is pig sick of Brexit and the cartoon characters dealing with it and frankly ,I am beyond caring now. At the beginning of the year it really did look as though we may have to endure shortages etc. and (if?) it happens this year we may still.

Like many of us, I stocked up on items I considered essential.However, since our youngest moved out, we find that we use so much less! I truly cannot wait for our next electricity bill. :lol: The garden is producing as much as we need right now, and we will certainly be good for spuds well past Autumn.

The boss of Tesco said this week that stockpiling “ Long life foods” could be a logistical issue , “as Christmas stock would be in the system”.

Does anyone here feel that here may be a problem come Autumn, or are you pretty relaxed about it, like me?
An article this week from Business Insider;
"Almost half of Brits are stockpiling food, medicine and clothes as UK heads for the cliff edge"

Full article here;
https://www.businessinsider.com/no-deal ... ?r=US&IR=T

It's hard to know whats fake news / scare mongering any longer, everyone is just guessing at the end of the day.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"