Venezuala bloggers and vloggers

How are you preparing
hedgerowpete

Venezuala bloggers and vloggers

Post by hedgerowpete »

Been following the Venezuala situation quite closely. not because of the news or the oil situation but from a preppers point of view.

how and why its happening i am not that bothered about, what i am surprised is whats happening to comms and such like.

I was under the impressions that the TOR network would support people inside this sort of situation.

I was follwing a few vloggers up to the black out , who have now gone silent. one of whom had a solar system set up. Now that every thing is dead comms wise. i am wondering wheres the fault.

am i right that TOR needs at least some form of inferstructure to piggy back on the back of to work and with out it , its dead like every thing else?

Does anyone know of any news feeds or preppers broadcasting from inside? either blogs or vlogs?

so that leads onto the topics of what you do need to work inside of that situation, it would have to satelite or ham radio or some form of outside link.

Been scanning the freqs and heard nothing from that side of the pond and speaking on a radio forum very few americains have as well.

that then leaves snail mail.
say you know Bob that lives there, Bob cant send you a leter as theres no postal service to send it to, unless you can get it smuggled over the board and a replay back again its not going to work. I cam put a parcel togeter with 2000 tea bags and afruit cake but whilst it would get to south amaericia its not going to get delivered to Bob back at his home.

I used to live is Bosnia, when it was not trendy to do, we found that whilst the domestic postal system failed frequently that business postal did not and that on more than occasion we would get items delivered to factories or offices and collect in person directly. we used to have a very good repor with a Volvo truck repair garage company as they used to have a steady supply of spares being delivered. these would get dropped at a head office , well away from the naughty areas, from there the deliveries would be broken down to sub groups or citys or branchs, the branch when possible would collect from the out skirts of that troubled area or where ever they had shifted there operations to make it more viable. my manager used to UPS parcels to their head office and from there it would eventually work its way down to us.
korolev

Re: Venezuala bloggers and vloggers

Post by korolev »

Tor is only useful if you have internet connectivity AND can connect to other Tor users to route your traffic back onto the "normal" internet.
It is a form of encryption that can bypass content filters and hides the originating IP address from TPTB.

Venezuela is not, like the UK, a "top level" internet partner and doesn't relay traffic. It is, in effect, a destination. It's connected via several cables (see https://www.submarinecablemap.com if you're interested in that sort of thing) but probably sends most of it's internet traffic through the USA.
In countries like that it's quite easy for the government to restrict or even stop all traffic.
hedgerowpete

Post by hedgerowpete »

korolev wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:42 am Tor is only useful if you have internet connectivity AND can connect to other Tor users to route your traffic back onto the "normal" internet.
It is a form of encryption that can bypass content filters and hides the originating IP address from TPTB.

Venezuela is not, like the UK, a "top level" internet partner and doesn't relay traffic. It is, in effect, a destination. It's connected via several cables (see https://www.submarinecablemap.com if you're interested in that sort of thing) but probably sends most of it's internet traffic through the USA.
In countries like that it's quite easy for the government to restrict or even stop all traffic.
I was quite surprised on how easily and simply the communications channels were stiffeled, even hams are silent. goes to show how few had a secondry power supply set up
daylen

Post by daylen »

Another issue is that they've had massive and lengthy power cuts. If there's no power, there's no working technology.

There is some news getting through though. While not a prepper site, I do follow https://www.caracaschronicles.com
hedgerowpete

Post by hedgerowpete »

way back in the 90's i used to follow blogger in Bosnia when the conflict was on. we found a way to transport food parcels to them to help out.

very facinating learning from the inside a given situation

I followed someone in 2001 in Argentina as well, again we tried to offer food parcels to help out.
that was a lot easier to help out as it was a money thing, not a civil war