Unlurking...

How are you preparing
Bosworth

Unlurking...

Post by Bosworth »

Hello

I’ve been rubbish. Sorry. Lurking on here for ages, taking not giving, and not contributing what little I can to the collective.

I’ve therefore made a commitment to try and fix that.

However, my own views on prepping seem to be a little way away from the consensus on here. I hope that my perspectives are welcomed. Challenged of course, but recognised as a subset of the views that make up a greater whole, and welcomed in what seems to be a genuinely supportive and interested community.

I am a total amateur, driven from loving my family, living in London, and mostly working away from home. Terrible basic for anything resembling credible plans! But others might relate and perhaps even welcome.

Meep.

B
Nurseandy

Re: Unlurking...

Post by Nurseandy »

Hi Bosworth, all views are welcome, what are you prepping for? Are you more down the line of expecting complete imminent societal collapse?
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Great to see you posting! And because your basics are "terrible", i.e. nearer to the norm, it's all the more valuable.

As to what you're prepping for ... my question is, what nurseandy said :mrgreen: it's okay, that's a High Impact Low Probability event, but they do happen from time to time. Dinosaur killer, nuff said :)
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Prepping is a broad subject, whether its zombies or bad weather, if you prep, you prep and its not a competition. It doesn't matter if you label yourself a prepper or not, its about trying to deal with whatever comes your way. Don't be shy... get posting, whether its asking questions or sharing knowledge, we all learn off each other.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Bosworth wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:33 pm Hello

I’ve been rubbish. Sorry. Lurking on here for ages, taking not giving, and not contributing what little I can to the collective.
However, my own views on prepping seem to be a little way away from the consensus on here. I hope that my perspectives are welcomed. Challenged of course, but recognised as a subset of the views that make up a greater whole,
Hi Bosworth.

Welcome from me, for what it's worth.

As I see it, every perspective ( except for out and out hostile non-preppers ... There should be a term for them ) is welcome and brings something useful to the group.

Like the other guys say, we all prep our own way for what we perceive as the risks we perceive and there's no wrong way. Whether it's keeping £20 at the back of your purse for an emergency taxi, or whether it's buying brocolli for Brexit or even if it's for stockpiling 5 years rations and some seed for a post zombie apocalypse, whatever floats your boat. You'll likely get help and advice here.

If you can give help and advice, too, it should be win-win.

The whole prepping thing can become an addictive way of life. Don't let it consume all your time, because time is life and we don't want to waste it all.

I look forward to your posts

JJ
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong