What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

How are you preparing

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

Post by Post »

Last weekend I bought 2 x ex army Jerry cans to fill with diesel at the end of the month. Over this weekend I’m scraping the labels from some 5 litre food grade buckets I got from work and will be stuffing 20 packets of instant rice in them. Preparing for Brexit.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Finally my budget power supply project viewtopic.php?f=38&t=11070

Has got a new battery as the original probably 6 year old wasn't holding charge .. the unit has powered my shed for a good 3 years now

Also got 2 more gas cartridges for my 2kw parabolic heater .. just incase this cold snap really bites ..

And stocked up on pet food..

More bio ethanol tomorrow for the fireplace
Been watching the charts and it's looking like this cold weather has the potential to cause some big issues

Oh and Mrs Andy's work place was having a clear out she came home clutching another fire extinguisher for me (still in date) awwwww
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I'm another one stocking up on pet food. Got a terrible fussy snooty cat who will only eat one variety in one flavour - not my fault as I got her at a year old so the damage was done.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

diamond lil wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:45 pm I'm another one stocking up on pet food. Got a terrible fussy snooty cat who will only eat one variety in one flavour - not my fault as I got her at a year old so the damage was done.
Know one thing kitten food is nearly impossible to find at the moment.....mini flea-tard needs food
IMG_20190118_213223807.jpg
in

Cptsmash

Post by Cptsmash »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:14 am
Cptsmash wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:48 pm Whilst filling up the van, I filled 50ltrs for the store.....
That's 120ltrs of petrol for the genny, and 50ltrs of diesel.. Wouldn't mind another 25ltrs of diesel, it's £127.9 at the moment so it makes no difference.
Dried goods next week for me..
Oh, whilst I was out and about, I picked up some nice 10mm rope in B&M 30mtrs for £4.99 utter bargain. Good quality as well for general purpose.
Just so your aware of your storing more than 30l of petroleum you should have a petroleum storage licence and notify your home insurer as if your unlucky enough to have a fire your in the poo...

If it's not a business it's a "none workplace licence you should hold"

http://www.hse.gov.uk/fireandexplosion/ ... iation.htm

Also are you using a stabilizing solution in the fuel as modern petrol station goes stale rather quickly

Yup,know I'm over the limit but the fuel isn't stored all together. It's stored in different buildings. As for the fuel going off, it'll be rotated in summer as I have a lot of grass to cut..👍 I've used twelve month old petrol before, kept in a cool dark place with very little air in the container.. It's just for the genny which uses 2ltrs an hour, so it doesn't give me that much run time. Especially where I live, if it snows I've got to dig us out..
jansman

Post by jansman »

Today I attended, completed and passed an Emergency First Aid at Work course. Pure gold. A few things have changed since last time, so now I know. Knowledge of such a subject is precious.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:17 pm Today I attended, completed and passed an Emergency First Aid at Work course. Pure gold. A few things have changed since last time, so now I know. Knowledge of such a subject is precious.

Fully versed in trauma dressings, cats and no more elevation now then :)

Mines due in the summer

jansman

Post by jansman »

Pretty much that Andy.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Cptsmash wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:00 am That's 120ltrs of petrol
Yup,know I'm over the limit but the fuel isn't stored all together. It's stored in different buildings.
If I'm reading one of the links correctly it is an accumulative total , i.e. the gross amount stored on a property . Perhaps YA might confirm that or not . Well that's how I read it anyway which made me think I'm probably over the limit although again it's not in one place . 30 litres in the workshop and anywhere from 5 to 15 litres in the van. I had always assumed this didn't count as stored but more in use but I'm now thinking I could be wrong 🤔
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

grenfell wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:14 pm
Cptsmash wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:00 am That's 120ltrs of petrol
Yup,know I'm over the limit but the fuel isn't stored all together. It's stored in different buildings.
If I'm reading one of the links correctly it is an accumulative total , i.e. the gross amount stored on a property . Perhaps YA might confirm that or not . Well that's how I read it anyway which made me think I'm probably over the limit although again it's not in one place . 30 litres in the workshop and anywhere from 5 to 15 litres in the van. I had always assumed this didn't count as stored but more in use but I'm now thinking I could be wrong 🤔

It's on a premises it dates back to the war to prevent hording iirc
f you store petrol at home, or at a club/association or similar premises
What if I only store a small amount of petrol?

You can store up to 30 litres of petrol at home or at non-workplace premises without informing your local Petroleum Enforcement Authority (PEA).

You can store it in:

suitable portable metal or plastic containers
one demountable fuel tank
a combination of the above as long as no more than 30 litres is kept

For these purposes 'premises' are as defined in the Health and Safety Work Act, etc. 1974 and includes, for example, motor vehicles, boats and aircraft
The this from the rya
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://ww ... w14V2mLxRB

Vehicles are seen as a different premises