What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

How are you preparing
Deeps

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

Post by Deeps »

nightowl wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:28 pm My wife was quite surprised today when she didn't have any pasta and I magically produced some from a cupboard outside the kitchen :D
This is how you get them onside mate, mine was quite anti to start and even now, she's not fully onboard but 'gets it' now. She just assumes we have things now and to be fair, its a bit of a faux point of shame if we run out of anything. You just keep adding stuff every trip to the shops and it soon adds up. If we use it I try and store it, fresh fruit and veg is the tricky part but we have frozen and dehydrated to try and get us over any barren spells.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

nightowl wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:28 pm My wife was quite surprised today when she didn't have any pasta and I magically produced some from a cupboard outside the kitchen :D
LOL, did she say anything about it being a 10kg bucket with BBE Jan 2012
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
nightowl

Post by nightowl »

Thankfully it was only a small one I recently bought. Hopefully she doesn't go raiding the prep cupboard now though. :roll:
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jennyjj01 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:22 pm
LOL, did she say anything about it being a 10kg bucket with BBE Jan 2012
Her Maj is now more 'free and easy' about this stuff, one of her initial concerns about my preps was out of date tins and bags of pasta etc, she now knows they're more guidelines than hard and fast rules. My mate despairs of his missus throwing perfectly good food out because the label says its no good.

You just have to keep plugging away.
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

My wife was also surprised when I produced pasta from shopping trip. Not the good kind am afraid to say since have lots of pasta already. If looks could kill...
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
Prepping_Al

Post by Prepping_Al »

Wife is looking at me like I'm getting too prepared as I bought extra nappies for the munchkin. Turned out they are 2 sizes too big so I kinda have to agree lol. He will grow into them eventually.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Prepping_Al wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:39 pm Wife is looking at me like I'm getting too prepared as I bought extra nappies for the munchkin. Turned out they are 2 sizes too big so I kinda have to agree lol. He will grow into them eventually.
Our local Asda had pampers 108 nappies for £5!
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Latest Brexit shop delivered :) I'm doing a normal shop, every 10 days or so instead of every month, it works well. When tinned food is delivered though, you have to check for dents - you can ring afterwards, or report online, but I did it at the door to save myself the bother. Now, however, I have to watch for the credit appearing on my credit card. Should've done it myself ... Delivery man really looked snooty at my daring to turn down dented cans - but its not as if I want to use them in the next week :lol: though he doesn't know that :lol: I'm about done, except I need a lot more gluten free pasta :roll: and coffee 8-)

I need to buy some more eneloops rechargeable batteries, but I don't have enough vouchers any more on amazon (I bought a best-selling anker power bank). So I'm going to bite the bullet and pay out in part vouchers, part actual cash. I want them charged and on the premises :)
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

And I've finally got an appointment to have a flu vaccination. Just read this https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... above-2000
This year's version isn't as virulent, but its a lot worse if you get it, apparently. The first sentence says it plainly enough: "Flu has left more than 2,000 Britons needing life-or-death treatment in an intensive care unit (ICU) this winter, even though the virus is circulating at unusually low levels."
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:43 pm And I've finally got an appointment to have a flu vaccination. Just read this https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... above-2000
This year's version isn't as virulent, but its a lot worse if you get it, apparently. The first sentence says it plainly enough: "Flu has left more than 2,000 Britons needing life-or-death treatment in an intensive care unit (ICU) this winter, even though the virus is circulating at unusually low levels."
I awoke today ( well, I didn’t really sleep) with flu- like symptoms. My body hurts! I feel for anyone with full- blown influenza, and can understand how it kills.I only had proper flu once. Never again! Anyhow, being dosed up with OTC meds is helping. Would not stop me working on a normal week, so won’t stop me fishing tomorrow!😂

Today I cut enough firewood to last ten days, set up the propagater in the greenhouse, and patted myself on the back for the micro greens in there.Will be replacing the OTCmeds on Friday. That is very important, as a Doctor’s appointment is rarer than rocking horse sh&t round here.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.