What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

How are you preparing
Yorkshire Andy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:05 am A bigger extinguisher in my workshop is needed,for sure.Having used 2 kg dry powder ones on an actual fire,I can confirm that bigger would definitely be better! I will make that happen today. Thanks for that timely post Yorkshire Andy.
Did you get one from Lidl..

Side by side the new one is noticeably lighter to carry than the old (same capacity) extinguisher
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:39 pm
jansman wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:05 am A bigger extinguisher in my workshop is needed,for sure.Having used 2 kg dry powder ones on an actual fire,I can confirm that bigger would definitely be better! I will make that happen today. Thanks for that timely post Yorkshire Andy.
Did you get one from Lidl..

Side by side the new one is noticeably lighter to carry than the old (same capacity) extinguisher
I picked up a 6kg dry powder from Screwfix Andy.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Not a report on what I'm doing but on how what I did has worked.
Husband had a heart bypass a month ago and is totally floored. Seriously knackered. Recovery was slow and now he's got shingles. We get Sainsburys online groceries every week and over the summer built up a stash. So now we're living off the stash as far as possible and the bit extra money I save every week is going on xmas goodies and extras. After the year I'll rethink and see how things are looking then. But I'm thinking to plant a good bit more veg, - been putting it off as we were not fit and able but the family has rallied round since the op and I might get help with the digging in Springtime.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Diamond Lil, if I was anywhere near , I would come and dig your garden- and set it. I am helping my elderly neighbour who has heart problems, and I swept his chimney for him last week. Getting older ain’t fun, sadly.

I hope he gets over the shingles( it is a wicked complaint) , and I send my best wishes to you both xx
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Sorry to hear your OH's recovery is slow and now hampered by shingles Lil :( thats a nasty mix. Good to hear the family has rallied round - that makes a big difference.

How have you been dealing with getting the fuel into the kitchen, do you have a routine now? And what are the medics saying about medication availability?
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

diamond lil wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:22 am Not a report on what I'm doing but on how what I did has worked.
Husband had a heart bypass a month ago and is totally floored. Seriously knackered. Recovery was slow and now he's got shingles. We get Sainsburys online groceries every week and over the summer built up a stash. So now we're living off the stash as far as possible and the bit extra money I save every week is going on xmas goodies and extras. After the year I'll rethink and see how things are looking then. But I'm thinking to plant a good bit more veg, - been putting it off as we were not fit and able but the family has rallied round since the op and I might get help with the digging in Springtime.
Hope he gets better Lil, glad the kids are stepping up.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Ta Preppers xxx I really appreciate you lot :mrgreen:
Arzosah the daughter and SIL pass the village on their way home from work most nights, so they've been coming in to empty and refill the fire, which has been brilliant. And one night I heard a wee noise outside the back door, opened the door expecting a cat or rat - and found my next door neighbour, single lady in late 40s, out in the pitch dark wearing a headtorch :shock: She was shovelling coal into carier bags and piling them on my back step !! So so kind of her, I was gobsmacked. (Got her a nice xmas pressie).
District nurse has been coming up 2-3 times a week to husband and the gp came out once. so everything is going as well as it can - only needs the husband to get his finger oot and get better!
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Look after yourself Lil as well as Hubby! Hope all continues to improve - wishing you a healthy Christmas/Yuel. xx
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

diamond lil wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:08 am Ta Preppers xxx I really appreciate you lot :mrgreen:
Arzosah the daughter and SIL pass the village on their way home from work most nights, so they've been coming in to empty and refill the fire, which has been brilliant. And one night I heard a wee noise outside the back door, opened the door expecting a cat or rat - and found my next door neighbour, single lady in late 40s, out in the pitch dark wearing a headtorch :shock: She was shovelling coal into carier bags and piling them on my back step !! So so kind of her, I was gobsmacked. (Got her a nice xmas pressie).
District nurse has been coming up 2-3 times a week to husband and the gp came out once. so everything is going as well as it can - only needs the husband to get his finger oot and get better!
Thanks for the update, great to hear that community is still out there. It's a marathon not a sprint for hubby, :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

diamond lil wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:08 am Ta Preppers xxx I really appreciate you lot :mrgreen:
You're a star :)
You have a real life coal fairy! With gumboots :) how absolutely lovely, seriously, what practical help to give you!
Sounds good, Lil. Husband can only do what husband can do! I hope he's cooperating with the medical advice on food and exercise.