What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

How are you preparing
diamond lil

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

Post by diamond lil »

Daughter just had exactly the thing happen Andy and they say she owes them £1300. She knows it's wrong. :evil:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Tax credits calculated wrongly by central authorites can easily become another strand to shtf then :( sorry to hear that Andy and Lil's daughter are affected :(

I've got a minor league financial issue affecting me, my mobile bill. It was free for a while, because they badly bollixed up an offer I signed up to. Then it was £13, unlimited texts and 4G data, still ott but not too bad. Then £17, and in short order they've just told me it's going up to £27. So I'm going to giffgaff, 1G data and unlimited texts, something like £8 a month. I'm hating the idea of the actual move, I'm rubbish at mobile stuff, so I just have to follow online instructions point by point and hope for the best.

I'm also cleaning and restocking my new kitchen, and I'm off just now to get some stuff where I need high stock levels (fusilli, pesto, you know the drill :mrgreen: ). So glad nothing overwhelming happened while I was without a kitchen.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

look at Tesco mobile too runs off the O2 network im getting 400 mins 1000 texts (iirc) and 10 Gb of data for £12 pcm

https://www.tescomobile.com/shop/sim-on ... -contracts
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Thanks Andy!
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:29 pm look at Tesco mobile too runs off the O2 network im getting 400 mins 1000 texts (iirc) and 10 Gb of data for £12 pcm

https://www.tescomobile.com/shop/sim-on ... -contracts
Another vote for Tesco Mobile.

Got great reception in Afghanistan, Iraq and Norway when other networks failed so it travels well. Plus you get Tesco points. :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Just got back from work. What a day! At 6am I was performing CPR on a chap who had collapsed and stopped breathing in the restaurant. It was surreal! Thank heavens he started breathing on his own just as the medics arrived. The odds of these events happening are high though, as we have a thousand + customers through each day. Then this afternoon there were two burn incidents in the bakery. All in a day’s work.

Moral of the tale...get first aid trained, and don’t be the bystander who doesn’t know what to do.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:07 pm Just got back from work. What a day! At 6am I was performing CPR on a chap who had collapsed and stopped breathing in the restaurant. It was surreal! Thank heavens he started breathing on his own just as the medics arrived. The odds of these events happening are high though, as we have a thousand + customers through each day. Then this afternoon there were two burn incidents in the bakery. All in a day’s work.

Moral of the tale...get first aid trained, and don’t be the bystander who doesn’t know what to do.
It would be great if it was free or a nominal amount. I'm out of date but would happily get requalled but not at the prices in the other thread.

Sounds like a hard day at the office mate, hope you're getting your laughing tackle round something refreshing to relax.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Seam sealed a lightweight tent. Living the dream me...... :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Deeps,I paid a eighty quid out of my own pocket for the one day course. It was with a training company, and it was intense , and hands-down the best ever spend!

I took that course as a result of a: my daughter having a seizure, and my wife being the only one able to help ( me being a useless bystander)

b: my son in law’s dad not having the knowledge to perform CPR on HIS dad ( and being a useless bystander) , and him dying on the bathroom floor.

It’s pure gold, and I would happily pay £500 next time to be sure I am not the Useless Bystander.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

And its not just at home..

threw the kids their dinner at lunch time today, My phone rings and its my sister 30 seconds into the call 9YO " thomas has gone red...." glanced over and he was choking on his cheese toastie ... litterally dropped the phone and administered 3 firm back blows 3rd beating and out the lump flew... (sister could hear the blows down the phone... hes got a lovely overlapping hand print/s on his back but hes alive!
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine