What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

How are you preparing
diamond lil

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

Post by diamond lil »

Fire plan here is just open a window and climb out. :mrgreen:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

diamond lil wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:44 pm Fire plan here is just open a window and climb out. :mrgreen:
That has its benefits, for sure :mrgreen: My little house has comparatively low ceilings, which makes it easier :mrgreen: though truthfully, I should do some maintenance on the hinges of the double glazing. If I knew what to do (oh good grief, more research) ...
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Arzosah wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:17 am
diamond lil wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:44 pm Fire plan here is just open a window and climb out. :mrgreen:
That has its benefits, for sure :mrgreen: My little house has comparatively low ceilings, which makes it easier :mrgreen: though truthfully, I should do some maintenance on the hinges of the double glazing. If I knew what to do (oh good grief, more research) ...

Silicon spray on the hinges ;)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:58 pm
Arzosah wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:17 am

Silicon spray on the hinges ;)
Or for a quicker fix, hairspray ( hinges and locks) a window fitter told me that. I am guessing that hairspray contains silicon now!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Thanks guys :) I should've known someone on here would know. Jansman, hairspray would be quicker if I *used* hairspray :mrgreen: My Amazon vouchers will come in handy, such an exotic purchase.
angeuk

Post by angeuk »

Stonecarver wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:33 pm
angeuk wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:35 am Just ambling along, really. Adding to the stash as we go through frightening amounts of chocolate (me) and toilet paper (the rest :D) .

Went through the out of date stuff a few days ago, but aside from a few tins of fish, there wasn't a lot to chuck. The fish was in ring-pull cans, which I don't trust as much as regular ones.

I'll up my game in the next few months. I reckon shortages will start in September. Not through actual shortages, just through panic buying. Dependent, of course, on what our glorious leaders are up to regarding Brexit.
Why dont you trust them
I've read from several sources that ring-pulls don't keep the contents as fresh as regular tins. Or for as long. One or another. Either way, it's less than a fiver's worth of tins, so while they are still available in the shops, I don't mind getting fresher.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Robert Frost.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Well that's me requalified as a first aider at work (3 days)

2 changes since last time :

Now cool burns for upto 20 mins

And can apply Torniquets to double bone compartments (lower leg or arm)

Training this time was done on site and the lass in the office added leverage to get the gaffer to order a AED and 2x celox gauze... To add to our kit...

jansman

Post by jansman »

The 20 minute burn cool REALLY pisses my gaffer off. When a bakery fella burns himself, I tell him that without proper procedure, he could be sued.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:14 pm The 20 minute burn cool REALLY pisses my gaffer off. When a bakery fella burns himself, I tell him that without proper procedure, he could be sued.

Love it!

Then tell him his first aid risk assessment needs addressing to include a decent burns kit.... Then drop the bombshell that they are not blue or detectable once applied to baker ;)

:twisted:

This is what lives in the kitchen at home
IMG_20190719_233452031.jpg
When Mrs A scalded her hand it came in handy till we got to hospital they cut the burns dressings off binned them. Oh they are good.... Oh it needs keeping clean .... Mrs a complains about bthe the pain... Oh we don't have those burns dressings.... ( At this point I offered to go to the car and get 2 more) " we can't put them on.... " Dispite been in date and sealed and kicked her out with a elevated sling hand hanging out in the wind........