What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

How are you preparing
Yorkshire Andy

What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Well new year new broom..... Let's continue from the last thread :-)

Tomorrow will be spent adding some cold weather bits to the car boot in anticipation of the cold weather forecast ... Change of clothes change of boots already got the snow chains in ....
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
pseudonym

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

Post by pseudonym »

Car being emptied ready for its annual service and MOT later in the week.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Clearing the decks to put the storage back in order, a.k.a. tidying the chaos in the spare room caused by wrapping presents too late in the day :oops: :lol: Seriously, thats where all my OTC meds are stored, I need to check and I can't get to them :o
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Arzosah wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:01 am Clearing the decks to put the storage back in order, a.k.a. tidying the chaos in the spare room caused by wrapping presents too late in the day :oops: :lol: Seriously, thats where all my OTC meds are stored, I need to check and I can't get to them :o
Another one for a good tidy. My 'fortress of solitude/spare room' has become a dumping ground (again) and desperately needs sorting. So does the garage but the thought is daunting at the moment.
jansman

Post by jansman »

We have reached critical mass with supplies, but they are organised. After another brew, I shall restock the walk in pantry from the store room, and make a note of gaps. It works out cheaper and less complicated that way. Then it’s time to sort pike fishing kit for the first trip in over a month...Christmas is a damned nuisance. :(
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Glad to see you're still alive Jansman.

Awaiting a couple of Nebo lights and trying to find bobbins to fit my sewing machine.

Still eating our way through the Christmas extras.
BTW For those of us who like Christmas Pudding, I think it might be nearly the perfect Prep-food.
Fat, Carbs, Sugars, Fibre and Protein.
Roughly 300 Kcal per 100 grams.
Fills you up
Shelf stable, stores for years
Can be eaten hot or cold, on its own or as part of a dish.
And (the best part) Nobody thinks you're a nutter if you have a few in the pantry in June :lol:
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
jansman

Post by jansman »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:29 pm Glad to see you're still alive Jansman.

Awaiting a couple of Nebo lights and trying to find bobbins to fit my sewing machine.

Still eating our way through the Christmas extras.
BTW For those of us who like Christmas Pudding, I think it might be nearly the perfect Prep-food.
Fat, Carbs, Sugars, Fibre and Protein.
Roughly 300 Kcal per 100 grams.
Fills you up
Shelf stable, stores for years
Can be eaten hot or cold, on its own or as part of a dish.
And (the best part) Nobody thinks you're a nutter if you have a few in the pantry in June :lol:
Still alive and still reeling! Be glad to get back to normal shift patterns. 8 days ago was a consumer feeding frenzy , and now it’s being spread on the fields! Can’t work society out!

On a prepping level, I always find Christmas customers amusing. They get their goods, and scurry away, satisfied that ‘they have their’s’, as though the shops will never restock. Most would have been wasted, I guess, :lol: It always makes me think that if the word was out that food was going to be short, then Christmas would look like a Sunday School outing! It’s about more than ‘stuff’ isn’t it? Understanding other people is important.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

A neighbor / friend has offered to show where he goes to shore fish for Bass and Whiting on our local tidal river tomorrow.

Fishing isn't my thing anymore but gaining a useful bit of local knowledge might come in handy at some point in the future.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Full change of winter clothes in a box to put in my desk at work.. spare boots already there...

Extra blanket hat and gloves plus a bothy for the car ... Better sat on the motorway embankment out the weather if needed
Attachments
IMG_20190101_224353342_HDR.jpg
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Just upped the car supplies from 24 hours to 72. Travel all over the Scottish highlands for work and its that time of year!
Never been too badly stuck (yet) but would much rather do it in comfort should it happen!
As an aside, I have glo sticks in the car but has anyone any experience of using a uco candle lantern in a car? I use them a lot camping and wondered how they'd be in a car.