How are you preparing for Brexit?

How are you preparing
itsybitsy

Re: How are you preparing for Brexit?

Post by itsybitsy »

hobo wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:19 pm
itsybitsy wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:04 pm However - I am going over to the States later this month so I may pick some up and bring them back, so if anyone's interested...
Oooh yes please!
Bags and oxy absorbers or just oxy absorbers?
hobo

Post by hobo »

Just oxys please, Itsy. I’ve still got tons of bags! Thanks x
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:31 am Added a few extra bottles of wine and spirits to the emergency stores today. They are going to be used no matter what happens and are probably going to be the first off the supermarket shelves if things go pear shaped. :tinfoil
Now THAT could be an issue! The European wine and beer in short supply/double the price...
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

hobo wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:06 pm Just oxys please, Itsy. I’ve still got tons of bags! Thanks x
Ok I'll get the 300cc ones H. :)
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

jansman wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:13 pm
Arwen Thebard wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:31 am Added a few extra bottles of wine and spirits to the emergency stores today. They are going to be used no matter what happens and are probably going to be the first off the supermarket shelves if things go pear shaped. :tinfoil
Now THAT could be an issue! The European wine and beer in short supply/double the price...
Holy hell, nooooooooo!!!

Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I did like to keep in excess of a months worth of wine for the pair of us but its been run down a fair bit, partly due to 'Wee Jimmy' putting the a minimum unit price on alcohol in Scotland. :evil: I do plan on building it back up, I might have sorted a bevvy mule, a mate who has a caravan near Berwick upon Tweed. :lol:
jansman

Post by jansman »

Mrs J drinks what the co op offers.Me,It is homebrew mostly.I find pub beer to be insipid.

This will be another issue that the leavers never reckoned on.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Deeps wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:22 pm
I did like to keep in excess of a months worth of wine for the pair of us but its been run down a fair bit, partly due to 'Wee Jimmy' putting the a minimum unit price on alcohol in Scotland. :evil: I do plan on building it back up, I might have sorted a bevvy mule, a mate who has a caravan near Berwick upon Tweed. :lol:
Heading over on a micro-trip in Feb. Load up the people carrier with booze and jam then head home! :lol:
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

itsybitsy wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:42 pm
Deeps wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:22 pm

Heading over on a micro-trip in Feb. Load up the people carrier with booze and jam then head home! :lol:
I wasn't joking about the booze mule from south of the border, at the lower end of the price range its cheaper in England, my Tennents lager went up a few quid a slab and the cheap boxes of Aussie Shiraz that I could 'tolerate' went up over 3 quid a box. On the flipside, as its over 15 quid a box I'm actually drinking nicer wine than I previously was, back up to a fiver a bottle.... #bigspender :lol:
hobo

Post by hobo »

itsybitsy wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:53 pm
Thanks!