How are you preparing for Brexit?

How are you preparing
itsybitsy

Re: How are you preparing for Brexit?

Post by itsybitsy »

Stonecarver wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:48 pm
itsybitsy wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:04 pm
Stonecarver wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:38 pm

Will you also be purchasing mylar bags etc too?
I have a lot of mylar bags but I do need some oxy absorbers. I used to to a bulk buy from the US for members, but last time I approached the guy who sells them, he told me the postage from the US had gone up to crazy prices. However - I am going over to the States later this month so I may pick some up and bring them back, so if anyone's interested...
Any idea if the ones from the states are 5 or 7mil? I used to get the 7mil from LDS but they stopped selling. Now buy 5mil from fresherpack. Which reminds me. Lidl will be selling vacuum sealing rolls on 16 december
The ones I used to get were 7mm. Let me see what's what with the supplier and we can go from there. They don't weigh much so am sure I can fit some in the suitcase
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Deeps ours is a 64 plate diesel and we've never heard of this stuff.
jansman

Post by jansman »

I have just had a look,and spoken to my bro in the car trade.Seems it is a bit like the" Diamond Bright" car polish scam they use to
take £ 400 quid off you.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Husband just said it sounds like a load of rubbish to get money out of people.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:25 pm I have just had a look,and spoken to my bro in the car trade.Seems it is a bit like the" Diamond Bright" car polish scam they use to
take £ 400 quid off you.
No addblue is a pollution reducing additive effectively refined pig piss! It's a available all over at the minute poundscratcher have some square containers off it in locally Morrisons have smaller boot packs..... I'm guessing a decent hgv motorfactors will have it in larger containers = better value

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Greenox-AD820- ... B0148OBM4Q

the nitrogen oxide gas produced by the combustion process, breaking it down into harmless nitrogen and oxygen. ... This is called Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) – a system that injects a solution such as AdBlue through a catalyst in the exhaust.

Blue motion is the start stop / Kerr's style regenerative braking / turbo / aerodynamic styling according to vw

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology ... chnologies

Diamond brite / lifecshine / super shiney magic potion is a cracking upsell I had a bit of a debate with a salesman who wouldn't take no for an answer till I dragged him outside to show him my 6 year old car which looked as good as the day I got it......

Oh and you can diy the stuff for about £15 on eBay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/diamondbrite ... SwON5bmN6H
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

itsybitsy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:02 pm
Stonecarver wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:48 pm
itsybitsy wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:04 pm

I have a lot of mylar bags but I do need some oxy absorbers. I used to to a bulk buy from the US for members, but last time I approached the guy who sells them, he told me the postage from the US had gone up to crazy prices. However - I am going over to the States later this month so I may pick some up and bring them back, so if anyone's interested...
Any idea if the ones from the states are 5 or 7mil? I used to get the 7mil from LDS but they stopped selling. Now buy 5mil from fresherpack. Which reminds me. Lidl will be selling vacuum sealing rolls on 16 december
The ones I used to get were 7mm. Let me see what's what with the supplier and we can go from there. They don't weigh much so am sure I can fit some in the suitcase
If I wanted some what is SOP?
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

What's SOP? :?
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

itsybitsy wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:01 pm What's SOP? :?
I'll start the ball rolling... Standard Operating Procedures.

There must be more.... NEXT !
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Looks like the Government are about to tell us to prepare for between 6 weeks and 6 months disruption.

What do you guys reckon, is this project fear or the start of a genuine public awareness campaign at last?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12- ... pare-worst
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I don't think the guv have a bloody clue - but neither does anybody else. Unknown territory now :mrgreen: