Brexit-related prepping resource

How are you preparing
featherstick

Brexit-related prepping resource

Post by featherstick »

Intro to prepping which takes Brexit as its start point:

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/gettin ... XuD8EweFQQ

I don't know whether the link will work...

James Patrick is a copper-turned-journalist who has done a lot of work on Russia's interference in western countries - he's a very credible person.
Plymtom

Re: Brexit-related prepping resource

Post by Plymtom »

The link takes me to something which wants my facebook details so I can't see it.
Prepping and Brexit, funny old thing really, and yet it is what it is, we'll be living withing our means, I know a lot of stuff we buy comes from the EU at present, and it's safe to assume that many things still will, so I suppose I'm saying I shop for what I need, and don't pay more than I have to and still will, if I deem an EU product to expensive I'll look for an alternative home grown or imported from elsewhere, no one not even the EU when it comes down to it wants everything to go down the toilet, I say it's funny because from my perspective on the in/out question was never clear cut and I suspect what could happen when the time comes isn't either, what is annoying is that the EU has long known what gets on the nerves of us Brits in terms of bureaucracy, waste, and just plain taking the p&^%, put it ,,,,,,,,,,,,this way I wanted the EU to think we wanted out because of those things and address those issues more quickly.
We stock up for many reasons, mainly to not run out or head off temporary supply issues i think what I'm saying is so it is here, if it turns out certain things are no longer affordable or even available, then prepping can only move the problem forward in time, the post Brexit world I live in, I'll just have to learn to make do even if that means eating politicians and drinking Buckfast wine ;) ( only joking of course there isn't a wine on the planet I would be desperate enough to drink, I hate the stuff)
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
peejay

Post by peejay »

I am a FB user & even though I'm already logged into it, when clicking this link I'm still also getting a "Sign up to Facebook" page so I'm afraid I don't trust it, whatever weird way they've created this page.
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

OK, didn't know whether the FB link would work, will try to find another way.
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

That should do it:

https://libertystratcom.org/2018/06/21/ ... -together/

The leaflet discusses civil unrest, hostile attack, and disruption to supply chain, along with a fairly typical list of things to do/store.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Gave it a read but didn't finish it all and skimmed sections. Seems to be opinion driven in my view. Someone has gone to a lot of trouble to put it together so kudos for that but it didn't resonate with me. If people find it useful then its done its job.

Edit to add - If you like your European produce then it seems to me that stocking up on it pre brexit would make sense, there might well be an initial increase due to tariffs being placed to make a point. After negotiation things will settle down and we might pay some small extra amount but it will take a year or two for the dust to settle and things (well prices) to level off. Suppliers and middle men will use the disruption to up their cut though if history is a guide.

All in my opinion of course but get that pasta bought now. ;)
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Deeps wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:13 pm Suppliers and middle men will use the disruption to up their cut though if history is a guide.

LOL new potatoes gets us every time ;)
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Plymtom wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:40 pm
Deeps wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:13 pm Suppliers and middle men will use the disruption to up their cut though if history is a guide.

Those buggers from Jersey.

jansman

Post by jansman »

We import half of our spuds.We are gonna get caned!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

jansman wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:18 pm

We import half of our spuds.We are gonna get caned!
Low carb diets for everyone, people lose weight, NHS relieved of burden. Win,Win..... :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.