I'm making a film - can you help?

How are you preparing
AdamBBC

Re: I'm making a film - can you help?

Post by AdamBBC »

*Just nudging this topic up*

Still looking for people who are making the effort to be more prepared should life serve up a curve ball - this is for a short film for BBC News, details at the start of this thread.

You can chat to me on 0118 948 6145 or email adam.paylor@bbc.co.uk.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Told you that you would find it difficult.If you do find anyone,they will be exhibitionist nutters.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
AdamBBC

Post by AdamBBC »

Yep, it's not an easy one.

It's such a shame. I'm very keen to put a sensible film out on the BBC that encourages people to give prepping a re-think.

Alas, without someone who knows what they're talking about (but isn't an exhibitionist nutter) it's looking rather unlikely.

Worth a shot though!
Chunk

Post by Chunk »

AdamBBC wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:07 pm Yep, it's not an easy one.

It's such a shame. I'm very keen to put a sensible film out on the BBC that encourages people to give prepping a re-think.

Alas, without someone who knows what they're talking about (but isn't an exhibitionist nutter) it's looking rather unlikely.

Worth a shot though!
I’d only be to happy to help mate. New to this forum! Originally I left all forums (for a reason) but not popping my toe back into there water.
Squirrelcatcher

Post by Squirrelcatcher »

Good luck. Ex-Beeb myself. Not off-grid, but have just started with collecting a few bits on the food side and also starting a project on mains/solar electricity for emergencies (we have had a few outages in the past).
I know a couple of bods who have gone small holding, but they tend to keep themselves to themselves.
I can always ask.
Rebel Prepping

Post by Rebel Prepping »

I'd be game if this is still going ahead. Young man in my early 20's looking into prepping for an uncertain future. Based in Yorkshire, specializing in bush craft and surviving in nature rather than hoarding preps.