Compressed Toilet Rolls.

How are you preparing
cornerstone

Compressed Toilet Rolls.

Post by cornerstone »

I got a few packs of 16 Andrex compressed toilet rolls some time ago and put them away in my stores, then I could not seem to get any more so I had the idea of just squashing them until the inside tubes were together, they just spring back open again, maybe a bit tatty but very usable so I have done some 12's squashed together in carrier bags, they take up much less room and I have been able to put the odd 12 all around the place.
grenfell

Re: Compressed Toilet Rolls.

Post by grenfell »

Another advantage of doing this is that the roll doesn't rotate anywhere nearly as freely as when it's perfectly round thus stopping fluffy little dogs , or more likely fluffy little kids , pulling half a roll off at a time.
Arzosah

Re: Compressed Toilet Rolls.

Post by Arzosah »

grenfell wrote:Another advantage of doing this is that the roll doesn't rotate anywhere nearly as freely as when it's perfectly round thus stopping fluffy little dogs , or more likely fluffy little kids , pulling half a roll off at a time.
Exactly what I was going to post :mrgreen:

To be fair, I think the manufacturers have caught on too. The rolls at the centre used to be really big, probably to make us think there was more on the roll than there really was. Now, they've understood that when they transport their product, they're actually paying to transport empty air, as well as paying for too much cardboard.

I just had a supermarket delivery, and I may have bought a 24 pack of toilet rolls, for a single person :mrgreen: