WW3 - logic

How are you preparing
Britcit

Re: WW3 - logic

Post by Britcit »

cornerstone wrote:The only logic that is to be had from WW3 with the weapons they have got now is the end of mankind as Russia has recently told us, the truth, and to try and prepare for that is not logical at all, in all probability there will be so few of us left and those who are will in all doubt wish they were not.
end of.
I don't really see it as logical to assume that a WW3 scenario would defiantly be nuclear. Now, if it were, I would also not assume that it would lead to the downfall of the human race.
You may not think it is logical to prep for that as a possible eventuality, I don't agree (and I suspect others don't either). I prep so I can survive and enjoy life for as long as possible.
IF I survived, and things were so bad that I wished I hadn't, then I would 'check-out'. But at least I would have tried. And maybe my survival, for however long or short that may be, could contribute to the survival of the human race in some small way.
"There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know."
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Britcit wrote:
cornerstone wrote:The only logic that is to be had from WW3 with the weapons they have got now is the end of mankind as Russia has recently told us, the truth, and to try and prepare for that is not logical at all, in all probability there will be so few of us left and those who are will in all doubt wish they were not.
end of.
I don't really see it as logical to assume that a WW3 scenario would defiantly be nuclear. Now, if it were, I would also not assume that it would lead to the downfall of the human race.
You may not think it is logical to prep for that as a possible eventuality, I don't agree (and I suspect others don't either). I prep so I can survive and enjoy life for as long as possible.
IF I survived, and things were so bad that I wished I hadn't, then I would 'check-out'. But at least I would have tried. And maybe my survival, for however long or short that may be, could contribute to the survival of the human race in some small way.

I think it is, for the purposes of this thread, as it has been focused on a nuclear scenario throughout.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

end of.
Albert Einstein wrote:I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
I'd rather Live then Survive, my plans are all based on this........ That said I don't think its likely to ever get bad enough that I'll need to stock up on 'Easy Red' for a personal exit strategy (PES if you fancy a new acronym)
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
cornerstone

Post by cornerstone »

itsybitsy wrote:
Britcit wrote:
end of.

I think it is, for the purposes of this thread, as it has been focused on a nuclear scenario throughout.
yes I do understand that, but for the thread's purpose we have moved on so far since the old day's of the early 50's we had some sort of chance then, I think it worth remembering or coming to terms with the fact now we do not.
cornerstone

Post by cornerstone »

ForgeCorvus wrote:
end of.
Albert Einstein wrote:I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
I'd rather Live then Survive, my plans are all based on this........ That said I don't think its likely to ever get bad enough that I'll need to stock up on 'Easy Red' for a personal exit strategy (PES if you fancy a new acronym)

mine is just based on the idea of a bad winter that we have just had, pandemic flu or another sickness that is survivable
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

ForgeCorvus wrote:I'd rather Live then Survive, my plans are all based on this........ That said I don't think its likely to ever get bad enough that I'll need to stock up on 'Easy Red' for a personal exit strategy (PES if you fancy a new acronym)
What's Easy Red, please?

And I was going to ask what PES was and then I re-read what you'd written :lol:
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Arzosah wrote:
ForgeCorvus wrote:I'd rather Live then Survive, my plans are all based on this........ That said I don't think its likely to ever get bad enough that I'll need to stock up on 'Easy Red' for a personal exit strategy (PES if you fancy a new acronym)
What's Easy Red, please?

And I was going to ask what PES was and then I re-read what you'd written :lol:
Its from a book ("Godwhale" by TJ Bass) its used for auto-euthanasia in a dystopian world...... It was probably a bit obscure :oops:

No vaguely sane person is going to go lobbing nukes about, I'm more worried about zealots making Dirty-bombs...... And thats fairly unlikely
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Thanks ForgeCorvus :)
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

I dont know if the next conflict will involve nuclear weapons or not, but events with the potential to get out of hand seem to be escalating quickly and in several places at the same time.

If there was ever a time to make extra sure my preps are in order, its now.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

A nuclear issue thats *slightly* more likely is an accident of some sort - unlikely to be an earthquake as per Fukushima, but there might be an accident at a nuclear plant - for instance, France has many more than we do, 58 of them supplying 75% or so of all French electricty.
https://www.edf.fr/en/the-edf-group/our ... es/nuclear
I mean, imagine if they had a problem and there was a southerly wind ... there'd definitely be quite a few indoor days, especially in the south of England.