chances of WW3?

How are you preparing
katilea

chances of WW3?

Post by katilea »

What do people think the chance is of WW3 with this situation about poisoning?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/93104 ... orld-war-3

Hypothetically if there was a big chance what would you all do/buy more of to prepare for it? Do you think it would be physical like bombs on major cities? or them targeting computers/technology that would bring the country down? (power, computer/broadband networks so shops/imports/exports and hospitals etc are all affected?
xplosiv1

Re: chances of WW3?

Post by xplosiv1 »

what are the chances .... who knows, far too complex for me to calculate anyway

either way if it were bombs falling from the sky or a targeted attack on the power / social infrastructure were all gonna find we have a much shorter life expectancy, no point worrying about it just get on with living as best you can (assuming your not in a war zone)

if anything was to happen it probably wont be for a while yet ..... throughout history trade wars have preceded real wars ..... the EU is talking tough on trade with the UK, Trump is talking tough on trade with the world, Russia and China are bypassing the US dollar in trade too, something could happen if it continues but we're nowhere near the breaking point imo.

"what would I do or buy in preparation if I knew war was imminent" ....... the most precious commodities in the world, food, water & knowledge. A stock pile of food and clean water will only last so long but the knowledge of how to grow,find, hunt, gut, prepare, cook etc food and the knowledge of how to purify water will certainly go much further.

I find it hard to read the express ... that article is full of nothing except words like "alleged" "assume" "highly likely" .... Russia seems to be the whipping boy du jour lately, I dont trust the media I never have and never will. If it was Russian gov sanctioned then this could be the kicker to start something but there also could be ulterior motives behind all this even if the Russian government can prove they had nothing to do with it the media will never let the media reading population believe it, it will go on for months just like the Trump Russia nothing burger and probably give the government opportunity to introduce even more draconian laws under the guise of keeping us all safe.
Area 11

Endure the pain of discipline or Suffer the pain of regret.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

katilea wrote:What do people think the chance is of WW3 with this situation about poisoning?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/93104 ... orld-war-3
I think the site should automatically put a few of these :tinfoil :tinfoil :tinfoil either end of certain links to certain newspapers.

I believe the "robust action" Tessa, Borris & Co will have a similar effect to the proverbial Python knight " I fart in your general direction Putin" Unless some CCTV footage appears of old Vlad riding through Salisbury topless on his horse squirting said substance at matey and his daughter he will personally retain a good deal of deniability, it is a horrible act there's no doubt, but I doubt WW3 is going to happen over it, not even if we let Trumpy hold our nuke button ;)
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Plymtom wrote: Unless some CCTV footage appears of old Vlad riding through Salisbury topless on his horse
:lol: :lol: :lol: Now there's an image for you!
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
katilea

Post by katilea »

I don't really buy newspapers so not sure who has good reputation or not in general. I tend to look online and just post the one's that illustrate what I'm trying to point out or find out more about.

Again the mirror has a information video of what to do incase of a nuclear war, though given that they are saying we'd only have 10 mins and there's no way I'd be able to move furniture or get anyone here in time to do it for me I think me and the dog are doomed if it happens as we're in a bungalow so can't go to lower floor/basement/under stair cupboard away from outside walls or the roof!

If you're fit enough to manage what they suggest or there's more of you in the family that could help here's the video

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/93242 ... NSIDE-home

What I wanted to ask though, one report said the missile would be aimed at London.... if you were much further up North would you still be subject to the same amount of 'fall out radiation'? Would it cover the WHOLE country if the russians were aiming a London rather than the middle of the country?
xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

katilea wrote:I don't really buy newspapers so not sure who has good reputation or not in general. I tend to look online and just post the one's that illustrate what I'm trying to point out or find out more about.

Again the mirror has a information video of what to do incase of a nuclear war, though given that they are saying we'd only have 10 mins and there's no way I'd be able to move furniture or get anyone here in time to do it for me I think me and the dog are doomed if it happens as we're in a bungalow so can't go to lower floor/basement/under stair cupboard away from outside walls or the roof!

If you're fit enough to manage what they suggest or there's more of you in the family that could help here's the video

What I wanted to ask though, one report said the missile would be aimed at London.... if you were much further up North would you still be subject to the same amount of 'fall out radiation'? Would it cover the WHOLE country if the russians were aiming a London rather than the middle of the country?
there are targets all over this country .... power stations, armory's, naval bases and theyre all nuclear or have nuclear material ..... nowhere in the UK is safe in a nuclear war

heres a link to a site where you can pick a target on a map and what type of nuke you want to drop there and it will estimate fallout etc. kinda morbid but I think it will answer your question only thing it doesnt do is take into account fallout from ground targets (detonation only) or casualties from fallout

https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
Capture (Medium).PNG
Area 11

Endure the pain of discipline or Suffer the pain of regret.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Last I heard and it was some time ago, was that there were no plans to warn the public. Apparently they don't want the roads blocked. Theres also the question of feeding and caring for the survivors after, more dead less problem looking after whats left
That might have changed but I have my doubts.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

There's a good chance I wouldn't survive the initial blast but if I did, I'd be lit up like a Readybrek kid.

If by some miracle I'd manage to swerve the above, I'll welcome our new overlords. What about you comrades ?
katilea

Post by katilea »

sniper 55 wrote:Last I heard and it was some time ago, was that there were no plans to warn the public. Apparently they don't want the roads blocked. Theres also the question of feeding and caring for the survivors after, more dead less problem looking after whats left
That might have changed but I have my doubts.

:shock: :o That's shocking but I suppose hardly surprising with our govt I'm sure the PM, royalty and anyone else they want to keep on side will be given a warning to get to a safe place if they get advanced warning!
katilea

Post by katilea »

xplosiv1 wrote:
katilea wrote:I don't really buy newspapers so not sure who has good reputation or not in general. I tend to look online and just post the one's that illustrate what I'm trying to point out or find out more about.

there are targets all over this country .... power stations, armory's, naval bases and theyre all nuclear or have nuclear material ..... nowhere in the UK is safe in a nuclear war

heres a link to a site where you can pick a target on a map and what type of nuke you want to drop there and it will estimate fallout etc. kinda morbid but I think it will answer your question only thing it doesnt do is take into account fallout from ground targets (detonation only) or casualties from fallout

https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
Capture (Medium).PNG
What kind of nuke would I pick for it to be the same as what the Russians would use? That looks complicated I've got no idea what options to select!