chances of WW3?

How are you preparing
Deeps

Re: chances of WW3?

Post by Deeps »

Plymtom wrote:
Deeps wrote:
preppergb wrote:Oh to heck with this you lot are so politically correct, diverse, inclusive I give up .
You've got to hate people who don't want to offend eh ?

Thinking Monty Python again here " Excuse me is this the right room for an argument?"

I'm sure the prospect of another cold war would be quite desirable in certain circles but they don't really want WW3 s it's bad for business ;) and it's the chances of it are certainly not worth falling out with anyone here over.
I'm hoping that the business interests come to the fore and the guys making all the cash realise that they have too much to lose.

Another great Monty Python sketch, good shout.
katilea

Post by katilea »

[/quote]

I'm sure the prospect of another cold war would be quite desirable in certain circles but they don't really want WW3 s it's bad for business ;) and it's the chances of it are certainly not worth falling out with anyone here over.[/quote]

I'm hoping that the business interests come to the fore and the guys making all the cash realise that they have too much to lose.

Another great Monty Python sketch, good shout.[/quote]

For once I hope people being greedy and more interested in making money than losing it, wins the day! I wish the press would quit with the scare stories like showing videos of the russians putting a missile on the launching pad after the PM threat to them! JEEZ the world is going bonkers what with snowmageddon, asteroids, aliens and now russians threatening WW3! Has someone put something in the water or something!!! Think I've got to stop watching the news and go live in an igloo somewhere remote ..or maybe a mud hut somewhere a bit warmer!!! :lol:
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

preppergb wrote:Oh to heck with this you lot are so politically correct, diverse, inclusive I give up .
Ok, look. It's not difficult matey. Just convey your points without name calling or propaganda. That's all we're asking.
xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

katilea wrote:
xplosiv1 wrote:
Deeps wrote:There's a good chance I wouldn't survive the initial blast but if I did, I'd be lit up like a Readybrek kid.

If by some miracle I'd manage to swerve the above, I'll welcome our new overlords. What about you comrades ?

I think I'll be swimming back to Ireland
Capture2 (Medium).PNG

Another thought.... how do you know he'd send so many at once? I think he's probably got psychopathic/sociopathic tendencies (most world leaders seem to have!) if he kills everyone at once he's not going to be able to 'enjoy' watching the country die a slow painful death it would all be over so fast. I think he'd aim one on parliament to get back at TM for daring to accuse him of poisoning those agents and sending some russians home!

I also think he'd save a few nukes for North Korea and the US as I'm assuming the US air force would deploy too if he attacked the UK? I think he'd get more satisfaction from selecting a few specific major targets (such as parliament/white house etc) and watching the rest of us (any survivors left) fighting over resources and killing each other and trying to survive in a country with no govt/royalty/leaders left cos he bombed them all first!

Also if he sends so many at once isn't he going to risk shockwaves causing huge Tsunami's, setting off volcano's, earthquakes, avalanches etc if he triggers all those at once too then there's more chance Russia would be destroyed too and he wouldn't get chance to watch the rest of the world suffer cos they'd all be killed too? It wouldn't fulfil his psychopathic tendencies if he was destroyed before he got chance to watch the rest of the world suffering from his bombings etc.
that image shows 6 direct surface nuclear strikes .... obliterating a very small portion of the UK but full irradiating the entire country ........ Russia has over 4,000 warheads in their arsenal
Area 11

Endure the pain of discipline or Suffer the pain of regret.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Don't panic this man knows his onions:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gcXM6tfe9YM
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

But on a more serious note
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9GJttnC8PoA
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=milbW4RDIco

Makes itsys method sound good.......

I'm more worried about the snow and potential flooding at the moment looking at the forecast

korolev

Post by korolev »

The early warning system was the WB1400. I was, for a while, the point of contact for getting people out to repair them. One day I had a phone call from a police inspector asking if I was the man who controlled the Isle of Wight. When I confirmed that I was, he said "Thank christ for that, the siren on top of Newport town hall has been going off for the last two hours"
I imagine their phones were a bit busy that day.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

korolev wrote:The early warning system was the WB1400. I was, for a while, the point of contact for getting people out to repair them. One day I had a phone call from a police inspector asking if I was the man who controlled the Isle of Wight. When I confirmed that I was, he said "Thank christ for that, the siren on top of Newport town hall has been going off for the last two hours"
I imagine their phones were a bit busy that day.

Wonder how many people were ripping their doors off :o

diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Does anybody else think the world is turning into Monty Python? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
katilea

Post by katilea »

ok this is my last question about den's 'just incase' but I was deciding where the dog would do his business if we camped in the hall and looked in the spare room, as its already piled high with stuff! Would this make a better den? There's a small window in but I have the black slate slab (that I got to stand an electric 'log burning effect' fire on) that would be thick... if I put a rug or very heavy throw against the glass then put the slate slab against that? there's also some old white boards propped up in that window frame behind the curtains.

I could then get someone to hang a duvet from the curtain rail and move the thick heavy dog treadmill (at far right of pic against wall) in front of the window blocking more of the window?

Rearrange a few boxes stand rollators/walking frames/old clothes horse on them for height to drape throws over I've got loads of throws that I had to cover the old sofabed I had for years! some very thick throws and a very thick fake fur electric blanket overblanket (even if there was no electric and it wasn't plugged in the thick material may offer protection and keep the den cosy if used on the 'roof'

My dogs crate is already on the inside wall against the door with loads of stuff piled in front of it (between the crate and the outside wall including a wardrobe) and top so he should be safe? unless it being a metal wire one would be a problem?

I wondered if this would be a better idea? as the room isn't used and is only a 'store room' anyway it can be set up in advance as my 'WW3 den' to dive in, if things did take a turn for the worst? I can crawl and slide along the floor on my knees so I could leave my wheelchair outside the spare room door and crawl into the den made between all the boxes and the dog go in his crate? My emergency supplies of food are already stored in there too! I could just take a small kettle in incase there was working electric then I can also make hot drinks/hot water bottles and quick foods that need only water? (pot noodles etc). If there's no power I've got all my food together that could be eaten cold. The dog's extra bags of kibble are already in there, so no trying to slide along the floor dragging 12kg food bags out and into a tent!

Sorry, tried to upload pics to show you but it won't accept any says there all too big (only taken with mobile phone) iphoto seems to only have a crop function to remove most of photo rather than make whole photo smaller?? ..so I don't know how to make them smaller than 1 mb or something? ..but hopefully you can get the idea from my description that its a small room piled high with stuff, with potential to block the smaller window with slate, whiteboards, rugs and duvets and a treadmill.
Last edited by katilea on Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.