Close combat self defense

How are you preparing
Rebel Prepping

Close combat self defense

Post by Rebel Prepping »

It's a topic i don't see discussed much among British preppers. What skills are you acquiring for self defense in close combat (no weapons)? I believe it to be most peoples weak area, either they have trained in some useless martial arts type fighting or just haven't prepared at all. I am a fairly experienced fighter, with experience in boxing, kick boxing and BJJ. I would personally recommend one striking martial art (boxing,muay thai, kick boxing) and one grappling martial art (BJJ, or judo). Mainly BJJ as it has been proven to be most effective.
featherstick

Re: Close combat self defense

Post by featherstick »

Oh this'll be fun...
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

^^Like^^ :D
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
korolev

Post by korolev »

I practice the traditional French martial art of "running away"
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I'm more of a proponent of Fa-que, the Scottish martial art, its mostly headbutting and kicking people when they're on the ground. :lol:

Thank you Mike Myers. ;)
whenfires

Post by whenfires »

Personally, I'd follow the "nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure..." line of thinking.

I have orbital nukes on my list of desired preps (doesn't everyone?)
Twitter: @whenfires
Disclaimer: May contain Amazon affiliate links harmful to wealth
Britcit

Post by Britcit »

whenfires wrote:Personally, I'd follow the "nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure..." line of thinking.

I'll have to add nukes to my 'to-do' list. I only have conventional weapons in orbit. And lasers, but then orbital lasers are prepping basics.

To the op, you say about people having trained in a 'useless martial art', but surely they would fair better in a fight than the mostly untrained rest of us.
You can 'believe it to be most peoples weak area', I will respectfully disagree. In a hectic close combat situation, I'm sure that BJJ is useful, but in a much more likely non-SHTF situation, the ability to kick ass is a much lower priority.

Do you have sufficient petrol\diesel in your car, warm clothing in case of getting stuck in the snow? If the weather knocks out your power for a week, can you cook a meal? Can you heat water?

If everything truely went sideways and was a full on SHTF, then you would never find me without a weapon.
"There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know."
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Britcit wrote:
whenfires wrote:Personally, I'd follow the "nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure..." line of thinking.

I'll have to add nukes to my 'to-do' list. I only have conventional weapons in orbit. And lasers, but then orbital lasers are prepping basics.

To the op, you say about people having trained in a 'useless martial art', but surely they would fair better in a fight than the mostly untrained rest of us.
You can 'believe it to be most peoples weak area', I will respectfully disagree. In a hectic close combat situation, I'm sure that BJJ is useful, but in a much more likely non-SHTF situation, the ability to kick ass is a much lower priority.

Do you have sufficient petrol\diesel in your car, warm clothing in case of getting stuck in the snow? If the weather knocks out your power for a week, can you cook a meal? Can you heat water?

If everything truely went sideways and was a full on SHTF, then you would never find me without a weapon.
I hear ya brother

Captain Darling

Post by Captain Darling »

I do krav maga, good for fitness too. I'm a practitioner level 2, hopingto do 3+4 this year and try for instructor (civilian then military).

Lee Rigby, London Bridge, Paris, all realistic possibilities in my line of work sadly.

Good enoughfor IDF, FBI, French Foreign Legion, US Army.
Cutting, combustion, cordage, container, cover.
unsure

Post by unsure »

even for a chunky bloke , i`m well tuned in the art of ,,, leg it ... but can hold my own if i have to . ;)
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .