What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

How are you preparing
Brambles

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

Post by Brambles »

I'm really glad that you're on the upward side of your battle, Panther. :)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
DarkArcher777

Post by DarkArcher777 »

Mrs Archer has just upgraded her car from a Toyota IQ to a Nissan Note, so there are now loads of cubby and storage spaces for me to full with lovely lovely preps. Looking to put a tool kit, first aid kit, emergency foil blankets, high energy bars, water ect.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Give a man religion and he will starve to death waiting for God to feed him.

Why are stupid people so fertile?
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Get well soon Panther, hopefully the zombie hoards will give you a couple of weeks grace to get your sh*t together. ;)
Panther

Post by Panther »

Thanks for your supportive words Brambles and Deep. Hopefully I'll be able to concentrate more on the forum now my treatment is over; (in between sudden, unexpected dashes to the smallest room in the house!) :lol:

Seriously though, to all guys out there over the age of 60, if you haven't already, I urge you to get along to your GP and ask for a PSA blood test. With prostate cancer some people seem to get few if any warning symptoms until it is fairly well advanced. If it's caught early enough though there is a much better chance of it being treated successfully. Fingers crossed mine has been eradicated; I'll have a better idea at my check up at the end of April.
There may be trouble ahead
But while there's moonlight and music
And love and romance
Let's face the music and dance
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

Get well soon Panther! Hope the side effects go away quickly and that you get good news at the end of April.
ukpreppergrrl

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

Sowed the chillies, tomatoes and pak choi indoors. Feels good to do do some spring activity whilst a mini-blizzard is howling outside :D Also sowed some tenderstem, I may regret starting it this early, never tried growing it before but I love to eat it!
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Panther, welcome back, sorry to hear about the prostate cancer, but hopefully it's been caught in time. Very sorry about the dashes to the littlest house too, I know what *thats* like!

Seriously, please keep us updated, as long as that feels okay.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Been good at not doing any impulse buys on ebay/amazon but as I've been away a few weekends recently I've bought a six pack of C500 gas canisters on Amazon, 24 quid which was pretty reasonable. While I was there I bought another cheapy stove to go on top. :oops: Arrived today but not tested it yet.

Starting to go through my stuff (again) too, trying to tidy things and get it better organised.
jansman

Post by jansman »

ukpreppergrrl wrote:Sowed the chillies, tomatoes and pak choi indoors. Feels good to do do some spring activity whilst a mini-blizzard is howling outside :D Also sowed some tenderstem, I may regret starting it this early, never tried growing it before but I love to eat it!
I have pots of compost warming in the propagator to do the same at the weekend.

Panther,its nice to have you back.A PSA test is something I shall be arranging soon.A former employer underwent what you have,and is free and clear 9 years on.He urged me,as you have,to get a test.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

Our son finally moved into his own place shortly before Christmas (2 down, 2 to go) cutting our milk bill in half and lessening the mucky fingerprints over cupboard doors and the fridge and dirty footprints on the kitchen floor. We also, for the first time have a spare room in the house which I claimed the day he moved out. I finally have some proper shelving up to organise my food stores on which will make rotating far easier than constantly sorting through things in plastic crates in cupboards and somewhere to store most of my water all in one place rather than all over the house in various locations. After recommendations to buy paracetamol and ibuprofen on ebay in larger amounts after the recent depletion I did just this and put all of my medical supplies, dressings etc in one big storage box. Again easier to rotate but has also allowed me to see where my medical preps are lacking far more.
Growing old disgracefully!