What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

How are you preparing
Arzosah

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

Post by Arzosah »

You raise a good point :mrgreen: I'm not that fond of the flavour myself :mrgreen: but I love the look of it, the bees used to love the ones I had, and as part of my campaign to season my food much more widely, I think I'm in.

No planting going on right now - its persisting down out there.
Prepping_Al

Post by Prepping_Al »

Stocked up on a few more meals and oj and long life milk. Also picked up a folding pruning saw it will come in handy for kindling. I think I might have a problem as we are probably 2-3 times over the original stocking up plan and I can't help but buy more.

My name is preparing_al and I have a preping problem (until the zombies come)
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Prepping_Al wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:28 pm Stocked up on a few more meals and oj and long life milk. Also picked up a folding pruning saw it will come in handy for kindling. I think I might have a problem as we are probably 2-3 times over the original stocking up plan and I can't help but buy more.

My name is preparing_al and I have a preping problem (until the zombies come)
I'd offer to be your sponsor but sadly I'm exactly the same. Wanted a months worth of food, tick, still adding to the stash. :oops: My Name is Deeps, I'm cool with my addiction. :D
ukpreppergrrl

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

INTERVENTION!!!!!

No, wait, looks like I too have a problem too. I bought an EcoZoom Versa Stove :D I tell myself it's because it means I can cook using the old fence panels (or several bags of BBQ charcoal that have been in the shed for about 5 years) this winter (should it be required) and save the little butane canisters for the little bistro-style heaters rather than use them up on the bistro stoves (yes, plural). Yup. That's what I tell myself. I conveniently ignore the fact that I already have 2 rocket stoves, a couple of BBQs, a Gillie Kettle complete with cookset, an alcohol stove, a tray of 6-hour chaffing gel burners, several gas cookers (which use different canisters from the bistro stoves) a couple of 19kg propane tanks and a propane burner, and numerous hexamine stoves. I also tell myself that I needed to buy it NOW because the pound is tanking and as it's a US product it's only going to get more expensive. Yes. Yup. So actually I've saved money. Oh...and they donate a stove to someone in Africa for every stove they sell so really I'm supporting a charity, in fact, I can probably off-set the cost against my tax...possibly...ok maybe not...but it does mean that I absolutely, do not have a problem. Nope. No problem at all.

Ooh..ooh..ooh the man from UPS has just delivered it! Timely! :D
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

So do we have anyone on here who doesn't have a problem hoarding stuff ???? :lol:
peejay

Post by peejay »

<looks around for any takers and just hears crickets...> :roll:
Prepping_Al

Post by Prepping_Al »

It gets worse when you have a wife who is an enabler saying things like

"I've gone over the finances and we have an extra £20 in the food budget you can use for food stores and I've made a list of things we should get"

I know we don't need anymore as we are well over the month stock plan and looking at closer to 3+ months on some things but still I want to go shopping lol
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

ukpreppergrrl wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:58 am INTERVENTION!!!!!

No, wait, looks like I too have a problem too. I bought an EcoZoom Versa Stove :D I tell myself it's because it means I can cook using the old fence panels (or several bags of BBQ charcoal that have been in the shed for about 5 years) this winter (should it be required) and save the little butane canisters for the little bistro-style heaters rather than use them up on the bistro stoves (yes, plural). Yup. That's what I tell myself. I conveniently ignore the fact that I already have 2 rocket stoves, a couple of BBQs, a Gillie Kettle complete with cookset, an alcohol stove, a tray of 6-hour chaffing gel burners, several gas cookers (which use different canisters from the bistro stoves) a couple of 19kg propane tanks and a propane burner, and numerous hexamine stoves. I also tell myself that I needed to buy it NOW because the pound is tanking and as it's a US product it's only going to get more expensive. Yes. Yup. So actually I've saved money. Oh...and they donate a stove to someone in Africa for every stove they sell so really I'm supporting a charity, in fact, I can probably off-set the cost against my tax...possibly...ok maybe not...but it does mean that I absolutely, do not have a problem. Nope. No problem at all.

Ooh..ooh..ooh the man from UPS has just delivered it! Timely! :D
Grrl's a Stovaholic. Al's a food junkie.
I just like old tools........ Having eight Kent pattern axes doesn't make me an addict does it? :oops: I could give up at any time :cry:

I really could....... Honest! ;)
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Prepping_Al wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:30 pm It gets worse when you have a wife who is an enabler saying things like

"I've gone over the finances and we have an extra £20 in the food budget you can use for food stores and I've made a list of things we should get"

I know we don't need anymore as we are well over the month stock plan and looking at closer to 3+ months on some things but still I want to go shopping lol
Yeah, I'm the same although my missus isn't quite so proactive although she now accepts where we're at. To be fair, she does point out stuff that 'I' might be interested in when we go to the shops.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Deeps wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:16 am So do we have anyone on here who doesn't have a problem hoarding stuff ???? :lol:
Ha ha! :lol: ME! I store stuff on the shelves available.Beyond that it becomes unwieldy.Mind you,I think I may have been working in an industry that uses ' Just In Time' for too long!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.