What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

How are you preparing
itsybitsy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

Post by itsybitsy »

Brambles wrote:The first batch of Marmalade is made, potted and cooling on the side. Just in time as the last bit of last years batch went this morning. :D
Oooh love marmalade :mrgreen:
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Yes, I saw last night on the ASDA website, stuff is very cheap - thanks both.

T I have already picked up a few bits, from the shops local to me - tuna/beans/loo roll that are dirt cheap at the moment, but I am going to do a 'big' shop for tinned/dried goods. I start to feel a bit twitchyif the cupboards/pantry/freezers aren't full to capacity. Hopefully that's not just me...?! :shock:
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

itsybitsy wrote:Yes, I saw last night on the ASDA website, stuff is very cheap - thanks both.

T I have already picked up a few bits, from the shops local to me - tuna/beans/loo roll that are dirt cheap at the moment, but I am going to do a 'big' shop for tinned/dried goods. I start to feel a bit twitchyif the cupboards/pantry/freezers aren't full to capacity. Hopefully that's not just me...?! :shock:
Nope, it's not. :mrgreen:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Zunzuncito

Post by Zunzuncito »

Fitted an extra solar light to my driveway as one wasn't enough (used my new fabulous drill I got for Christmas too :D )

Am still a novice gardener so have done some research and am trying to make a rough monthly plan or what I need to do when and being able to plan a little better to get more out of it this year.

Have decided also my New Years resolution this year is to dedicate one evening a week to 'doing' things that need sorting and avoiding distractions (i.e. TV, mobile phone, tablet). I spend all day at work in front of a screen and its so easy to just do the same when I get home when I'm knackered after I've cooked tea, washed up etc - especially on the nights when I don't go to the gym. I think this will be hard to start but I'm going to try and stick with it.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Spent an hour in the garden, cutting back/digging up brambles :( I was lucky to pull out most of the ones that had rooted - I'm still catching up on 5 years of having had to abandon all maintenance. But I've got to catch up on the weeding and pruning before the growing season starts - if I don't, I'm going to be in real trouble with the perennial weeds :shock:
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Got my first aid kits topped up and added some instant cool packs and burns dressings to the main house and car kit
And some kids plasters with a little one scared of blood I got some ones that the hospital used when she had a operation... At least they stick!

Taught her how to open them and stick them on if she knows how to do it she is likely the either let us or do it herself...

Looking at getting a few more trauma dressings and a better first aid bag to organise my kits better
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
hobo

Post by hobo »

Finished off a Sainsbury’s order. They’re having a storecupboards special (or were yesterday, when I started the order!). Bought loads and loads and loads of tin tomatoes, red beans, chick peas and coffee! :D
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Went on a council Healthy Walks thing, to try to build up my stamina, but popped in to a supermarket that was a bit out of the way at the same time, and feeling really lethargic now, from the fatigue issues :(
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Was hoping to drag out my camping/walking gear for a good sort out but Her Maj is off and I couldn't face the earache so it will be thursday now.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Both freezers are quite low on stock after the holidays so we are planning to try a "weekend without power" this coming Sat and Sun, wish us luck.

We did a 24hr stint before Xmas when the electric went off for six hours and we decided not to turn it back on straight away, but a 48 shut down in mid January may be a quite different experience. :shock:

No advance getting ready or anything like that, just decide it time to start and go from there and see what happens.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"