What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

How are you preparing
pseudonym

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

Post by pseudonym »

grenfell wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:15 am I wouldn't put up a picture of our woodburner . One thing we don't seem quite able to do is keep it quite as tidy as yours :oops: We have two wooden fruit crates with logs in but the also a plastic sack , a paper sack with ash in it , a bucket and the assorted paraphanaia of shovels , brushes , cleaners , firefighters and a length of copper tube for blowing through plus some bits of paperwork the good lady wife has dropped there ready to be burnt. It's probably little wonder her sister says it looks untidy.

See the cupboard and drawers on the left? ;)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Now the proud owner of a key to the allotments. :D Been along and had a look, a fair bit of work required but not an issue and best of all...... its got an Anderson shelter. :lol:

We'll start running down the current one and transfer all the stuff to the new place over the coming weeks.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I've also de-nutted (not sure of the technical term) a load of hazelnuts while watching foozbaal this afty, I gather them when out with the dugs. Plan on going through and 'winterising' my GHB and Her Maj's car bag, I've already thrown a 3x3 DD tarp into my bag but I should do a more thorough muster.
peejay

Post by peejay »

I've just found out that there was a shooting incident about 300m away from home this evening - The second such incident in the area recently. Need to get a short-term evac bag sorted - also need to persuade the other two that they should do the same but will likely struggle - perhaps incidents like this might make them see the need a bit more realistically...
jansman

Post by jansman »

peejay wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:07 pm I've just found out that there was a shooting incident about 300m away from home this evening - The second such incident in the area recently. Need to get a short-term evac bag sorted - also need to persuade the other two that they should do the same but will likely struggle - perhaps incidents like this might make them see the need a bit more realistically...
A hotel bag,HOB.As opposed to a bugout bag.A change of clothes,phone charger etc.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jansman wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:22 am
peejay wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:07 pm I've just found out that there was a shooting incident about 300m away from home this evening - The second such incident in the area recently. Need to get a short-term evac bag sorted - also need to persuade the other two that they should do the same but will likely struggle - perhaps incidents like this might make them see the need a bit more realistically...
A hotel bag,HOB.As opposed to a bugout bag.A change of clothes,phone charger etc.
Definitely. My local post office had an armed robbery a long time ago, and my house was inside the police cordon that was established while they searched for the gunman. But I answered the door without checking who it was when a client of mine slipped through the barricade to attend his session :oops: I had a lucky escape there!

The other thing to do is work out what people who aren't home - where do they go, where do you leave messages, all of that. Landlines will probably work - but actually, if the police jam mobiles, do cordless phones on landline systems still work? Anybody know?
peejay

Post by peejay »

jansman wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:22 am A hotel bag,HOB.As opposed to a bugout bag.A change of clothes,phone charger etc.
Indeed, that's the beast. I did have one for myself but it got disassembled. Will mention it to the rest of the family this evening & see what reaction I get... :?
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Well it was going to be a flu jab, but 2nd time cancelled. :evil:

Now rebooked for 10 Nov :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

So much for "get it early, you're an at risk patient"
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
hobo

Post by hobo »

pseudonym wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:02 pm Well it was going to be a flu jab, but 2nd time cancelled. :evil:

Now rebooked for 10 Nov :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

So much for "get it early your an at risk patient"
I got mine free at the local chemist rather than wait until the November flu clinic at my GPs. Just walked in, asked, then was jabbed there and then :D
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Well having been caught out last Monday by the frost I've added 10l of -30°c screen wash to stocks and 3 bottles of decent deicer.....

Need a new snow brush to clear the car roof of snow next time I see one
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine