What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

How are you preparing
Deeps

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

Post by Deeps »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:21 pm
Who remembers frozen milk in bags ?
I must confess, I don't but I know milk can be frozen. Like anything else it will come down to space what you put in your freezer(s) and what you prep for. I'm guessing a lot of us are fixating on Brexit at the moment so hopefully lecky shouldn't be a problem. The lights going out in the UK would be a big red face for whatever government is calling the shots.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Deeps wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:57 pm I have some dried milk but UHT is hand and keeps a while. Depending on what you're looking for its worth keeping some even if you don't end up using it, its not that expensive. Its one of the few things I prep that more often than not I'll end up ditching.
I have a little Evap milk for variety in case TSHTF Discounted the idea of UHT because of storage size and weight.

Like my tinned stuff, I just stash it and forget it.... Might bin it one day or more likely, I may just add to it.
I don't 'use' dried milk, so it wont get rotated as such. Not worried about the cost or waste, really.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Stuck in a Mobius Loop.

Internet provider sent letter asking for email addy to be updated. Requires old email addy to log in. Old email addy shut down. New email addy provided. Internet provider send letter stating info sent to old email addy.... Rinse/Repeat :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Loads of dehydrating, nothing too exotic, got peppers in at the moment and we have some mushrooms that are past their best so they'll be next. Been getting the allotment squared away for next year too.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Deeps wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:10 pm Loads of dehydrating, nothing too exotic, got peppers in at the moment and we have some mushrooms that are past their best so they'll be next. Been getting the allotment squared away for next year too.
I am drying apples from our little orchard at the moment.I have given loads away,but I dont want the rest to rot before they are eaten.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:15 pm
Deeps wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:10 pm Loads of dehydrating, nothing too exotic, got peppers in at the moment and we have some mushrooms that are past their best so they'll be next. Been getting the allotment squared away for next year too.
I am drying apples from our little orchard at the moment.I have given loads away,but I dont want the rest to rot before they are eaten.
We've (well Her Maj has) been turning our bumper apple crop into apple wine. She tried it last last year and it wasn't a total success, a bit 'murky' but going for it again this year. Still got more apples to be sacrificed in a noble cause.
Prepping_Al

Post by Prepping_Al »

We are enjoying a prepper cake we made from a recipe I found on a Facebook prepping page. Dry fruit, tea and self raising flour. It makes a stodgy fruit cake quite tasty

Tomorrow was supposed to be a bookers run but as Mrs Al is booked in for mini me to be born early tomorrow that is in hold. We don't need to buy wanted to top up before his arrival just going to have to wait now.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Prepping_Al wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:14 pm We are enjoying a prepper cake we made from a recipe I found on a Facebook prepping page. Dry fruit, tea and self raising flour. It makes a stodgy fruit cake quite tasty

Tomorrow was supposed to be a bookers run but as Mrs Al is booked in for mini me to be born early tomorrow that is in hold. We don't need to buy wanted to top up before his arrival just going to have to wait now.
Congrats mate, on the kid I mean, not the missed Bookers trip or the cake. ;)
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Prepping_Al wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:14 pmTomorrow was supposed to be a bookers run but as Mrs Al is booked in for mini me to be born early tomorrow that is in hold. We don't need to buy wanted to top up before his arrival just going to have to wait now.
Congratulations :) and yep, everything else can wait, compared to that.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Prepping_Al wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:14 pm
Hope all goes well best stock up on wipes!
Take yourself Scran and drinks in when you go the hospital isn't interested in dad one bit I got kicked out at 4am and told visiting starts at 9am and have a safe drive home having been up for 24+ hours the advice of driving safely didn't go down well! Oh and change for the flipping car park although on one occasion I might have accidentally gone over a curb to get out when the sodding anpr payment thing didn't recognize my number plate :/
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine