What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

How are you preparing
Deeps

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

Post by Deeps »

Aye, as discussed on other threads, Brexit, while not being very 'rock n roll' is a great reason to prep. We'll (well I'll) be ramping up on some stuff. I'll be being more consistent with my dehydrating too, I go through phases of having the dehydrator going all the time but then end up not using it for a week or so.
jansman

Post by jansman »

A favourite author of mine wrote this,( her politics are obvious,but the food is the issue).

https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2018/11 ... or-brexit/

Worth a read.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:08 pm A favourite author of mine wrote this,( her politics are obvious,but the food is the issue).

Worth a read.
Seems a bit 'drama-ry' but I get where she's coming from, I think most preppers will. I would guess most of us will be adding to our stockpiles, any excuse eh ? :lol:

I'm not that bothered about the olives personally but there are plenty other things that we'll be hoarding. We'll all have our preferences and I'll be stashing more tomato sauce and mayonnaise than olives but whatever works.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Note to self: Must get more two stroke oil for the chainsaws.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Deeps wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:04 pm
jansman wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:08 pm A favourite author of mine wrote this,( her politics are obvious,but the food is the issue).

Worth a read.
Seems a bit 'drama-ry' but I get where she's coming from, I think most preppers will. I would guess most of us will be adding to our stockpiles, any excuse eh ? :lol:

I'm not that bothered about the olives personally but there are plenty other things that we'll be hoarding. We'll all have our preferences and I'll be stashing more tomato sauce and mayonnaise than olives but whatever works.
Police fear the fallout from a "no-deal" Brexit could lead to "widescale disruption and dangers for the general public" and have warned they may not have the resources to cope.

https://news.sky.com/story/police-feder ... g-11555125
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

itsybitsy wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:49 am
Police fear the fallout from a "no-deal" Brexit could lead to "widescale disruption and dangers for the general public" and have warned they may not have the resources to cope.

Quite a frightening read, while its still all ifs, buts and maybe's the possibility that it descends into violence and rationing is nuts.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Deeps wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:53 am

Quite a frightening read, while its still all ifs, buts and maybe's the possibility that it descends into violence and rationing is nuts.
Yup. All we can do is to make sure that those of us who need meds, have at least a month's worth socked away, and enough grub so that you can avoid supermarkets/shops if it all turns temporarily to custard.

I'll be touring the local pharmacies to further increase stocks of OTC medication, and I'm putting in a repeat script at the doctors for my migraine medication.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

itsybitsy wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:43 pm I'll be touring the local pharmacies to further increase stocks of OTC medication, and I'm putting in a repeat script at the doctors for my migraine medication.
Mrs Andy swears by migraleive (spl)

I did the tour having had a argument that I could not buy 2x paracetamol and 2x Ibuprofen in home bargains the other night in the end I collected more than enough for the week that me and Mrs Andy have suffered on the back of wee man's croup / strep throat (rotated stocks we already had with the new stuff)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
omega man

Post by omega man »

Deeps wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:53 am

this is a very grim direct quote from that article:
"This is 2018, it's the year people dialled 999 because KFC ran out of chicken. If that can happen, imagine what will happen if we start to see food or medical supply shortages.
OM
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

omega man wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:52 pm

this is a very grim direct quote from that article:
"This is 2018, it's the year people dialled 999 because KFC ran out of chicken. If that can happen, imagine what will happen if we start to see food or medical supply shortages.
OM
:lol:
I know, that's a fantastically fecked up 'thing'. I'm guessing (and hoping) it only happened the once but still a damning indictment on our society. It gives the rest of us something to point and laugh at though. I remember it getting mentioned at the time of the great 'KFC crisis'. The comfier our world gets, the more people expect stuff to just 'happen'. Hopefully it will continue to do so, we're incredibly spoilt in the West, we take a lot for granted, like year round capsicums (I know I do) and our KFC's to be available at the wave of a bank card (we don't even need to put a number in now). Its brilliant, its the stuff of science fiction, unfortunately its not rolled out across the planet. Its looking like our little corner of Nirvana might be taking a wee bump in the road for a while, its all still up in the air so we'll have to see what we get when the dust settles. I'd guess most preppers will be doing our thing and squirrelling stuff away, that's the plan at Casa Deeps anyway.

Still love that someone rang 999 about KFC being out of chicken though. :o