What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

How are you preparing
Deeps

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

Post by Deeps »

ChefSimon wrote:
In other news I am off to France for 5 days on Monday to go on another bimble through the Pyrenees/south of France. Going to be a fun week and a chance to test out my revised BOB.
I hope you'll let us know how it goes, I'd love to do longer trips like this but real life has been getting in the way.
jenny1

Post by jenny1 »

Postby Deeps » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:51 pm

jenny1 wrote:
Just bought some more food and a few bottles of water. My plan is to keep buying a small amount extra each week to build up my stocks. I'm also planning where in my small garden I'm going to put my veg patch.

That's the way to do it, just keep adding to the stash every week and it will build up. Have you got something to cook on if you lose mains ? Lots of cheap options out there, apologies if you're all over it.

Hi, I have a couple of small camping stoves and spare gas. I also have a woodburning stove in the front room that I already boil water on and reheat stews and things :D
ChefSimon

Post by ChefSimon »

I made it back in one piece... Sort of.

Wife has made a lovely dent in the credit card doing some shopping in the French sales. (Cost of me going for a walk-about)

I'll write up some notes and publish them over the weekend about the trip, right now I'm looking forward to my own bed after just having eaten my dinner with a decent brew.
Prior Planning & Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance.

No plan survives first contact.

Bug in before bugging out. Meet the problem on your terms!
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

ChefSimon wrote:I made it back in one piece... Sort of.

Wife has made a lovely dent in the credit card doing some shopping in the French sales. (Cost of me going for a walk-about)

I'll write up some notes and publish them over the weekend about the trip, right now I'm looking forward to my own bed after just having eaten my dinner with a decent brew.
Looking forward to the 'wash up' mate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42826028

This missus wasn't caught up in these shenanigans was she ???
ChefSimon

Post by ChefSimon »

Deeps wrote:

Nope, she missed that. Did have to chuckle at it all kicking off though... Over Nutella!

I just spent an hour writing up my post only to be met with this... Going to try again later. Little bit miffed. Brew first.
1.jpg

Deeps

Post by Deeps »

ChefSimon wrote:
Deeps wrote:

Nope, she missed that. Did have to chuckle at it all kicking off though... Over Nutella!

I just spent an hour writing up my post only to be met with this... Going to try again later. Little bit miffed. Brew first.
1.jpg
Had that 'Verboten' before too, its frustrating if you've written up a fair bit. One time I played around with what I'd written and removed a quote and it seemed to accept it.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Type it into word or copy it as in cut copy and paste incase the forum plays silly beggers
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
ChefSimon

Post by ChefSimon »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:Type it into word or copy it as in cut copy and paste incase the forum plays silly beggers
You can't copy and paste as you will get the error message even faster. I've also tried writing a few lines and saving it as a draft it goes to the error page.

Tried about half a dozen times over the weekend. Going to give up for now as I'm fed up of writing the same bit over and over, like groundhog day.

Brambles

Post by Brambles »

ChefSimon wrote:
Yorkshire Andy wrote:Type it into word or copy it as in cut copy and paste incase the forum plays silly beggers
You can't copy and paste as you will get the error message even faster. I've also tried writing a few lines and saving it as a draft it goes to the error page.

Tried about half a dozen times over the weekend. Going to give up for now as I'm fed up of writing the same bit over and over, like groundhog day.
I know how you feel. I had the same problem about 6 months ago when trying to start a new thread. I had pics and everything! Got the error message and I've tried several times in several ways to post the thread since but I still can't. I even saved it as a photo in photobucket and then tried to upload it.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
ChefSimon

Post by ChefSimon »

If at first you don't succeed cheat...

I've just published my notes and a few pictures in the "How are you preparing" section called My trip to France.

As I keep getting the error message I've done it as a series of pictures. Click on the picture to read the text. Hope you enjoy it.