What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

How are you preparing
Deeps

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

Post by Deeps »

Just in from a trip to the supermarkets, more olive oil, tuna, gravy granules etc etc and more brufin. Surprisingly, very little rolling of eyes and tutting either.

Don't know if anyone else has tried them but we saw Aldi were doing Dulce Gusto compatible coffee pods, just tried the Americano and for £2.49 instead of 4 quid, I'll be sticking with the Aldi ones. Maybe not high on everyone's preppping priorities but thought I'd share.
Jan Smits

Post by Jan Smits »

I've done a lot of random food shopping, now assessing what I've got and trying to make a list of any gaps. Only looking at 2 weeks worth for the minute, but there's the hotel bag too - I'd raided that so many times it was basically a bag containing out-of-date paperwork and a pair of socks.
John Smith but a little bit foreign.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Jan Smits wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:59 pm I've done a lot of random food shopping, now assessing what I've got and trying to make a list of any gaps. Only looking at 2 weeks worth for the minute, but there's the hotel bag too - I'd raided that so many times it was basically a bag containing out-of-date paperwork and a pair of socks.
2 weeks extra is more than most mate. You'll know what you eat that keeps, for 2 weeks you'll not need an overly balanced diet, especially if you have some multivitamins so its a case of keeping the body 'full'.

You've reminded me that my admin is shockingly out of date, I've got a new passport for starters. :oops:
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Deeps wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:11 pmYou've reminded me that my admin is shockingly out of date, I've got a new passport for starters. :oops:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Off to scan my driving licence :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Jan Smits

Post by Jan Smits »

Deeps wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:11 pmYou've reminded me that my admin is shockingly out of date
Not what I'd expect from a board admin, to be honest :lol:

Yeah, last time it was a cupboard full of stuff I never touched. This time round I'll try to rotate.
John Smith but a little bit foreign.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Jan Smits wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:55 pm
Deeps wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:11 pmYou've reminded me that my admin is shockingly out of date
Not what I'd expect from a board admin, to be honest :lol:

Yeah, last time it was a cupboard full of stuff I never touched. This time round I'll try to rotate.
:lol:
I'm definitely not here to lead by example, there's a distinct whiff to my prepping poo.

From what you've said, you've had a good heads up on what will work for you Jan, you're probably more experienced than most of us in that regard.
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Cheers Deeps, it’s coming along slowly but surely, will post more pics as an when I do stuff. 👍 of course always a prepper still building up food stocks etc and have the solar panels already for van for off grid when need be. 😀
Up in the wet South Lakeland
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

DustyDog wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:22 am Cheers Deeps, it’s coming along slowly but surely, will post more pics as an when I do stuff. 👍 of course always a prepper still building up food stocks etc and have the solar panels already for van for off grid when need be. 😀
Mind and give me a shout if you're heading up my way mate.
gamekeeper752

Post by gamekeeper752 »

just made 40 odd pots of various jams and chilli sauces not just for us but for a bit of bartering
and Mrs Gamekeeper, who is a bit of an crafter, made all the Christmas decorations this year from stuff from the woods, all natural, although she has coloured some up a bit
Train hard,Fight easy, put the kettle on and make tea
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Youngest son is a falconer and shooter, I've got him to get me some wabbits and game birds for the freezer.