What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

How are you preparing
BugOut66

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

Post by BugOut66 »

I bought a bunch of Duracell industrial batteries from amazon. 40 AA, 40 AAA, 12 D and 12 C cells.

Also starting to work up a food stockpile. I’m thinking just tins of things; soups, spaghetti etc.

Oh and I also got another new premium torch. The Olight R50 Seeker. It is AMAZING.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

BugOut66 wrote:I bought a bunch of Duracell industrial batteries from amazon. 40 AA, 40 AAA, 12 D and 12 C cells.

Also starting to work up a food stockpile. I’m thinking just tins of things; soups, spaghetti etc.

Oh and I also got another new premium torch. The Olight R50 Seeker. It is AMAZING.
When it comes to food, while its a bit of a cliche there's a lot to be said for it, "store what you eat, eat what you store". There are a lot of options out there including dehydrating your own, like most prepping things there is no one 'right' way altough there are wrong ways.
BugOut66

Post by BugOut66 »

Do you reckon standard tins like I mentioned falls into the writing my was category?
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

BugOut66 wrote:Do you reckon standard tins like I mentioned falls into the writing my was category?
Predictive text ???
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

BugOut66 wrote:I bought a bunch of Duracell industrial batteries from amazon. 40 AA, 40 AAA, 12 D and 12 C cells.

Have you seen the new M2R Warrior? Looks good, bit pricy though.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Today I have split and stacked a load of firewood that was annoying me where it was,and I put it there! I have sown lettuce ,radish and cress in the greenhouse and pricked out 3 dozen tomato plants.The chillies and leeks are just germinating,so that's good.

This afternoon I bottled 5 gallons of red wine,5 gallons of bitter and started off another batch of red.Just got to nip out for a bale of hay for the bunnies and then I will light the stove and make a cup of tea.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
jenny1

Post by jenny1 »

I've had permission to cut up the fallen trees at work :) I reckon I can do two days worth every week and transport it home, which should give me a month and a half of free heating by autumn
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

Lidl have hardwood logs for sale Monday. Worth buying?
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
jansman

Post by jansman »

Stonecarver wrote:Lidl have hardwood logs for sale Monday. Worth buying?
It is rather an expensive way to do it tbh.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

True
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman