What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

Post by jansman »

Deeps wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:37 pm
jansman wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:15 pm
Deeps wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:10 pm Loads of dehydrating, nothing too exotic, got peppers in at the moment and we have some mushrooms that are past their best so they'll be next. Been getting the allotment squared away for next year too.
I am drying apples from our little orchard at the moment.I have given loads away,but I dont want the rest to rot before they are eaten.
We've (well Her Maj has) been turning our bumper apple crop into apple wine. She tried it last last year and it wasn't a total success, a bit 'murky' but going for it again this year. Still got more apples to be sacrificed in a noble cause.
Does she add pectolase? That prevents the murky look.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:39 pm
Does she add pectolase? That prevents the murky look.
She has for the next lot mate, thanks for suggesting it though mate.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Cleaning out the Berkley water filter, back flushing the canisters etc.
Another tick in the box of jobs to do before Xmas. :D
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Prepping_Al wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:14 pm We are enjoying a prepper cake we made from a recipe I found on a Facebook prepping page. Dry fruit, tea and self raising flour. It makes a stodgy fruit cake quite tasty

Tomorrow was supposed to be a bookers run but as Mrs Al is booked in for mini me to be born early tomorrow that is in hold. We don't need to buy wanted to top up before his arrival just going to have to wait now.
Congrats on the Mini-Prepper.

Please post the cake recipe on the sub-board (if you get any free time ;) )..... I'm always on the look out for good scan
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Well it’s not just this week, I’m preparing my sprinter van for full time living in, hopefully moving into it in March next year, a bit extreme I know but I just can’t bring myself to pay hard earned money to a landlord, Vannie will be mine and in fact is actually bigger than the room I’m in. Image
Attachments
Finishing floor
Finishing floor
Up in the wet South Lakeland
jansman

Post by jansman »

Good luck with the van conversion.It is very do-able.There's a chap on the site where my brother lives who has a converted Sprinter.He even has a small woodburner too.Any ideas where you will site your van?
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Good for you, DustyDog! Look at all that lovely insulation :) I think it's a great idea - it's the parking that's the issue, of course. I seem to remember conversations on here about quiet roads on industrial estates? People in the next village to me have done it, parked outside relatives' houses, and neighbours really get the hump. But its a pretty rich village, even for the area :(

For my own preps, I'm carrying on sawing away at the dratted cherry laurel at the bottom of my garden. It's taken 20 months to grow twelve feet :twisted: so as well as lowering the height of the branches, I'm lowering the height of the "pollard point", if there is such a thing. Originally, that was about ten feet high. Now, its waist height. There's a layer at the back that I'll keep to about 8 feet high at pollard, to give privacy and security. Less obtrusive than a wall - its basically tree trunks, five inches thick. Cheaper too.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

I visited home bargains :/

Battery sensor lights by osram various designs and styles with batteries

£3 ish
IMG_20181202_093609078.jpg
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Oh rats, they look nice, too! I live in a gap in their store locations :(
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

DustyDog wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:17 am Well it’s not just this week, I’m preparing my sprinter van for full time living in, hopefully moving into it in March next year, a bit extreme I know but I just can’t bring myself to pay hard earned money to a landlord, Vannie will be mine and in fact is actually bigger than the room I’m in. Image
Nice one mate, glad its going well for you.