What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

How are you preparing
Scottish-prepper

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

Post by Scottish-prepper »

Well done Andy, I’m an electrical/mechanical engineer so this really interests me and is well within my skillset. Looked st the link and was pleased by the price. Think I will be buying one. Thanks for posting.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Wood delivery today. Split and stacked for this winter. Now waiting for the aches and pains to start..... :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
ukpreppergrrl

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

pseudonym wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:16 pm Fluid enhancers ;)

http://drink-bolero.com/epages/1dc07ae8 ... tegories/7
So I ordered some of these and they're great! They're working well for me - I ordered 16 boxes of 12 (to get the free postage), all different flavours, and in this hot weather I fill a pint glass with water, wander over to the box and grab the flavour I fancy today. If I go out I do the same with a 500ml bottle. My fluid intake is now rather better than it has been in the past! I've ordered some more as they're BBE 2020. Having a wide variety of flavours to chose from is important I discovered - when I was down with flu for 2 weeks a few years back my tastes changed and my normal beverages were just very unappealing. Fortunately I had a pack of instant ice lemon tea stashed away which I could stomach. Thanks for the link!
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

I ordered some yesterday. I've had Crystal Light from USA in the past and these look the same they are a fab way of, as Pseudonym says enhancing water and being so small I carry them in my handbag, take them camping and when I had the allotment I always had some in the tuck box. :mrgreen:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

ukpreppergrrl wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:33 am So I ordered some of these and they're great! They're working well for me - I ordered 16 boxes of 12 (to get the free postage), all different flavours, and in this hot weather I fill a pint glass with water, wander over to the box and grab the flavour I fancy today. If I go out I do the same with a 500ml bottle. My fluid intake is now rather better than it has been in the past! I've ordered some more as they're BBE 2020. Having a wide variety of flavours to chose from is important I discovered - when I was down with flu for 2 weeks a few years back my tastes changed and my normal beverages were just very unappealing. Fortunately I had a pack of instant ice lemon tea stashed away which I could stomach. Thanks for the link!
Glad you like them. :D
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Brambles wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:54 am I ordered some yesterday. I've had Crystal Light from USA in the past and these look the same they are a fab way of, as Pseudonym says enhancing water and being so small I carry them in my handbag, take them camping and when I had the allotment I always had some in the tuck box. :mrgreen:
My thinking too, apart from the handbag bit :mrgreen:
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Been quite productive, more dehydrating, made some charcloth (a bit of an affectation, I've loads of alternatives), been getting plenty practise packing my bag to escape for the weekends too, back up the hills this weekend. Its not football but the next best thing. :D
Scottish-prepper

Post by Scottish-prepper »

Deeps wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:02 pm Been quite productive, more dehydrating, made some charcloth (a bit of an affectation, I've loads of alternatives), been getting plenty practise packing my bag to escape for the weekends too, back up the hills this weekend. Its not football but the next best thing. :D
At danger of going seriously off topic deeps, what team do you support?

All I’ve done prep wise this week is bought a 20l fuel can and filled it with diesel.

Oh no wait, I bought some baofeng radios too.
hobo

Post by hobo »

Small prep purchase this week but it's breathed new life into my older solar panels https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chargers-2-Pac ... sb+adaptor
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Scottish-prepper wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:37 pm
At danger of going seriously off topic deeps, what team do you support?

All I’ve done prep wise this week is bought a 20l fuel can and filled it with diesel.

Oh no wait, I bought some baofeng radios too.
The mighty Dee, Dundee's only SPL club.

Just in from doing maintenance on a bothy so prep wise, learned some DIY skills and got to use some of my gear. We were carrying in a fair bit so got a good workout too.