collapsible water containers

How are you preparing
Stonecarver

collapsible water containers

Post by Stonecarver »

Hello
Does anyone know where to get collapsible water containers that are worth buying and keeping?
Thanks
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
Brambles

Re: collapsible water containers

Post by Brambles »

I have a Nalgene 96oz canteen that has served me well for some years now. The thing I like about it is that it has a wide mouth, the neck is solid and there's a renforced handle/hanging hole and the best thing is it doesn't taint the water with funny plasticky flavours. Not cheap, but worth the expense. It sprung a leak after someone handled it a bit roughly, but gaffer tape solved the problem. :) I got mine in USA, but they are available here too.

For smaller bottles, Home Bargains and the pound shop both carry folding water bottles for not a lot of money and they last well enough. :)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

Ok thanks Brambles
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

What sort of size are you looking for ? I bought a couple of 10L (I think) ones for camping a few years back but they were ok, I' wouldn't be falling over myself to recommend them. Most of the cheap stuff available is a rip off of more expensive stuff so its finding the level of expense that suits you.
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

Admittedly not for use at the moment. Was just thinking that if we did have a big problem that instead of filling every single pot and pan and bath etc be better having good containers waiting in the wings. As to size, am open to options
Jansman
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Some of those big 'hippos mouth' buckets might do. No lid but you can stack a load of them without taking up much room.

Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

Sorry for delay. Will have look at them Deeps thanks ,although thinking will have to get test batch of different containers
Jansman
born prepper

Post by born prepper »

I bought some on eBay, they are pretty decent, just search for camping water container. You will find something.
Survival and Preparedness Tips: http://bornprepper.com

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!
My blog contains Amazon Affiliate Links.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Deeps wrote:Some of those big 'hippos mouth' buckets might do. No lid but you can stack a load of them without taking up much room.

They are great! I have them for gardening tasks,carting logs,and we keep one in bright orange as a washing 'basket'.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Didn't think of the Hippos, good idea!. Another fan here, I have several for the garden and we had one for logs at the old place. I like the washing basket angle too. :D
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon