My gear so far --->>

How are you preparing
PreppingPingu

Re: My gear so far --->>

Post by PreppingPingu »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:Just remember if you have a central heating headset tank it's probably filled with fernox or similar which whilst not toxic it won't be good to drink / wash with
Good point that. We have a coffin style water header tank under the eaves, (we live in a town house so no loft space,) and above that, is a smaller box tank that feeds the boiler system I think. At least I assume that's what the smaller one is for! The idea of a header tank is why, when we changed our boiler a few years ago, I didn't want a combi system as I too wanted that inbuilt water storage for our home.
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
xplosiv1

Re: My gear so far --->>

Post by xplosiv1 »

PreppingPingu wrote:
Yorkshire Andy wrote:Just remember if you have a central heating headset tank it's probably filled with fernox or similar which whilst not toxic it won't be good to drink / wash with
Good point that. We have a coffin style water header tank under the eaves, (we live in a town house so no loft space,) and above that, is a smaller box tank that feeds the boiler system I think. At least I assume that's what the smaller one is for! The idea of a header tank is why, when we changed our boiler a few years ago, I didn't want a combi system as I too wanted that inbuilt water storage for our home.
If you have kids be very careful about flushing toilets, your tank will empty pretty quickly.

I have a combi system but the old tank is still in the loft, if I had advanced warning of a water shortage I could go up and fill it, would mean having to use buckets to get the water down though as the outlet is disconnected and capped, I suppose I could attach a hose.

I also have a waterbob .... 450 litres, if SHTF and water was scarce its unlikely you'd need your bath for anything else.

Area 11

Endure the pain of discipline or Suffer the pain of regret.