2 hours warning of shtf redux

How are you preparing
Stonecarver

2 hours warning of shtf redux

Post by Stonecarver »

A good few years back scoobie did a 2 hour warning before shtf post and what people would do. I wonder if people would do exactly as they said they would then or would they do something different now
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
pseudonym

Re: 2 hours warning of shtf redux

Post by pseudonym »

Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

pseudonym wrote:Original Thread: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4076&hilit=Warning
I'd recommend rereading the original thread but my thoughts haven't changed much, getting home and making what final preparations for whatever the scenario was is the simplest and most honest way of answering it, other than that one would have to dream up a scenario - imagine what you may be short of if you dare venture out, or get on the way home.
TBH again a major or TEOTWAWKI SHTF event is not what I prep for, life would go downhill fast as soon as prescription meds ran out for our lot, I'd fight to survive, I would get involved in putting things back together, there's no second guessing how things would go, for most of us, even it turns out people who I would consider "rural" and perhaps safe from the "phuckwhets" in built up areas are not immune as they are everywhere these days :lol:
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

Yes I read the original thread. Best topic in my mind :mrgreen:
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

That was a brilliant thread! It was based on "what else would you need to buy", I think, though it transformed into a more general version. Without getting into details as I did on that thread, I'd look at all the disasters around the world to judge how best to use those two hours: make sure everyone is safe or on their way home, charge all equipment and batteries, safeguard as much water as you can, make sure your first aid stocks are up to scratch. I'd also be doing anything thats heavy on water - soaking beans, setting up a sprouting jar, using the washing machine and the dishwasher, might as well have a shower too :mrgreen: or at least wash my hair, depending on time.