How will YOU keep warm on cold winter nights?

How are you preparing
diamond lil

Re: How will YOU keep warm on cold winter nights?

Post by diamond lil »

Have saved the link to read tomorrow Jansman.
katilea

Re: How will YOU keep warm on cold winter nights?

Post by katilea »

diamond lil wrote:Isn't it surprising how people don't have proper clothes any more though. Everybody buys cheap rubbish thin stuff and moans when they get cold.
I've noticed that before when friends visited with their kids they may have a coat on but it's open and a light top underneath, long sleeved t-shirt or something and they're sat in their coats. When I said to take their coats off inside they said it was too cold! They're used to their heating being cranked up all the day. I usually have mine on an hour at most ot warm the house through and have several layers on!

Typically on a winters day I will have in a thermal vest, a long sleeved T-shirt over that, sometimes a T-shirt on top of that, a regular sweatshirt, then a hooded sweatshirt or other thicker jumper, then I have a thick fleece hoody (several sizes too big) that I often go out in and a coat on top of that, either another large fleece or my waterproof (depending on weather. on my legs I'll have long socks, leggings, jog pants over that, jeans over them and sometimes waterproof trousers over them with another pair of thick socks over the thinner socks and boots with fur/fllece lining. I have a thing that slips over my head and you wear it around your neck and lower face when its freezing made from Equafleece (where I got the dogs coats from) and have some thin touchscreen gloves on then some fingerless mitten gloves over the top of them! ..and a woolly hat! Either a regular woolly beanie or I have one of those peruvian Inca style hats that has a fur/fleece inner lining (depends how freezing cold it is) May seem like overkill but it's freezing just sat on the mobility scooter!

Inside I'll only take off the outer layers and leave many of the layers on so I don't have to have heating on long. My bro got me a electric blanket thats meant to look like Alaskan Fur for laying on the sofa, it is lovely and cosy under it! In bed I have an old sleeping bag under the duvet and put hot water bottles inside to warm it through before I get in, helps keep the heat in a smaller area so I'm warm as toast under there!

My electric has gone up from 5p per day standing charge to 15p a day. I don't know if this is a universal thing with all companies??? The unit charge has gone down though and the cost of gas - sc and unit price.