Best winter preps in summer?

How are you preparing
Deeps

Re: Best winter preps in summer?

Post by Deeps »

Sounds obvious but foraging, the seasons dictate when crops appear but they can be harvested and preserved to use when they're out of season. Not such an issue now as we get out of season crops from all over the world but if nothing else its good practice and/or fun. Found some wild cherry trees this morning, I'll be making sure they're a regular part of the dog walks now. :D
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

I found some cherry trees a few weeks ago, the cherries weren't quite ready so I left it for a while, then we had a storm and high winds, no cherries left. :(

They're actually on the edge of a car park near my house, never noticed them before as I'm usually driving, but came home on the top deck of a bus and happened to spot them as we passed them.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Jamesey1981 wrote:
jansman wrote:
Yorkshire Andy wrote:Treating sheds / sorting loose / leaky guttering / serving the car / clearing sokeaways of mud / checking / sweeping chimneys and wood burners are much better at this time of year ;)

To be fair all outside jobs are better when it's warm and bright
Dead right there! I'd better get on instead of fishing! :lol:
I'd rather do my jobs in the rain than miss out on fishing.
^^^^LIKE^^^^^ :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
katilea

Post by katilea »

Winter sleeping bags and coats, boots, thermal undies!!! :D Cheaper if you buy them off ebay when we're having an heatwave than when it's actually dipping into minus temps!
jansman

Post by jansman »

Something we always do is to fill the medicine cabinet with cough and cold remedies etc.Given how difficult it is to get a doctors appointment these days,a bit of self- help is a winner.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

jansman wrote:Something we always do is to fill the medicine cabinet with cough and cold remedies etc.Given how difficult it is to get a doctors appointment these days,a bit of self- help is a winner.

I do the same with my repeat prescriptions, submit them 6-7 days early and you soon build up a surplus.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

I don't know about better deals, but it might be cheaper to buy a heater in the summer then the winter
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks