My Stockpile workbook.

How are you preparing
itsybitsy

Re: My Stockpile workbook.

Post by itsybitsy »

jennyjj01 wrote:Oh hum. I tried.
Note to site owners. Please consider reviewing the no-upload policy, even if that means such contributions are moderated.
It's being looked at.
peejay

Post by peejay »

Jamesey1981 wrote:
Don't know if they've changed their mind or the article is wrong but I use photobucket and all my images (including my avatar) are all still up.
Interesting. It has been very well publicised all over the place (including on their own T&C's) & I noticed plenty of sites with imaged replaced with their "upgrade to retain 3rd party hosting" placeholder so no idea how you've managed to rain yours (long may it last! :) ) unless perhaps you're a subscriber of some sort anyway?
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

Maybe they just haven't got to me yet, I've been meaning to ditch photobucket for a while anyway, I would use Flickr but I hate using yahoo services, they're forever getting hacked and they gave me no help at all when I lost control of my email account with them, was only a junk account but it was still annoying.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
korolev

Post by korolev »

jennyjj01 wrote:Oh hum. I tried.
Note to site owners. Please consider reviewing the no-upload policy, even if that means such contributions are moderated.
If you want to host something then dropbox is useful, the free offering is plenty enough for casual needs. It integrates with your PC/Mac and if you want to make a file publicly available yo stick a copy in the "public" folder and, once it has synched (a few secs), you can right click it and get a public link which you can share.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

If you want to host something then dropbox is useful
Thanks, I know I could use dropbox, google drive or many other products to host the file. I could also host it on my own server, very easily.
The reason I don't is that I wish to retain anonymity, as all preppers should.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jennyjj01 wrote:
If you want to host something then dropbox is useful
Thanks, I know I could use dropbox, google drive or many other products to host the file. I could also host it on my own server, very easily.
The reason I don't is that I wish to retain anonymity, as all preppers should.
Each to their own, I'm in touch with a few folk I've met of here. I doubt someone is going to travel all the way from Norfolk or wherever in the middle of the zombie apocalypse to nick my tins of beans. I do respect your right to privacy though and if you don't want to use a system that you don't trust, that's fair enough. I just think that some preppers get a little too obsessed with 'opsec'.