My Stockpile workbook.

How are you preparing
jennyjj01

My Stockpile workbook.

Post by jennyjj01 »

As mentioned in an earlier post, I record my food stockpile as an Excel workbook. The contingency I'm prepping for is long term breakdown of utilities, transport, food supplies and eventually society.

In the workbook, I keep tabs on Purchase Dates, Best Before Dates, Item Calories per Unit, Cost per 1000 Calories and a few charts that highlight what items are dominant in terms of Calories and Cost.
It also links out to prices and products at ASDA, Tesco websites etc, so that I can track product details and prices.

Would this sort of workbook be worth uploading here? Or would I be teaching my granny to suck eggs?
Does the forum allow me to upload it?

Amusingly, 1/4 of the spend so far was on alcohol. HIC!

Note to self. FOCUS when shopping! :)

J
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
jansman

Re: My Stockpile workbook.

Post by jansman »

Ha ha! 1/4 on pop? Is that all? :lol: Joking aside,that is very,very organised!
Wish I was that competent with a 'puter. :lol: As for uploading your system,I have no idea.I am sure one of my colleagues will let you know soon enough.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
FlashPan

Post by FlashPan »

I think it would be a very good idea to share.

You have obviously taken an amount of your personal time here to create this with all the formulas etc. Am sure it will get used by some people and they will be appreciative for your hard work. As for myself am not sure as I do not tend to use the supermarkets. But I would still like to check it out.

Word of warning though :) I come form an IT background. When you publish this you are the support of this. If things do not work, or requests to include X or change Y...it'll all come to you.

I think you need to make sure people are aware it will only work on which version excel or how to convert to say openoffice etc.

You can avoid all this by being very stating at he very begining "zero support. What you see is what you get."

Trust me I know what I am talking about here ;)
Gordon's Alive!?
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Thanks,
Oh, yes. I have an IT support background of sorts. I'll dumb it down, pop a few usage notes in and upload it as is. If nothing else, it's got a great list of what to buy cheaply from where, and helps evaluate calories, value for money, and with very little effort, helps organise stock rotation and expiry.
If I can figure out uploadability, will do so. As a newbie, I expect I can't. If I need to host it somewhere, sorry but offer is off.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

ChefSimon

Post by ChefSimon »

This sounds really interesting. I would love to see an example/pictures of the set up. (also being a geek the formula used etc) as this is something I could see myself doing.

Thanks for sharing with us.
Prior Planning & Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance.

No plan survives first contact.

Bug in before bugging out. Meet the problem on your terms!
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

I tried multiple times to upload this. extension .xlsx is not allowed. Fair enough. So I tried renaming it to .txt and that wasn't allowed either. Mods, please fix this or let me know how I may upload.

itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

jennyjj01 wrote:I tried multiple times to upload this. extension .xlsx is not allowed. Fair enough. So I tried renaming it to .txt and that wasn't allowed either. Mods, please fix this or let me know how I may upload.
You can't upload files to the forum. You can upload photos if you use an app such as photo bucket.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Oh hum. I tried.
Note to site owners. Please consider reviewing the no-upload policy, even if that means such contributions are moderated.

peejay

Post by peejay »

Heads-up on PhotoBucket - they've removed their free image hosting service (and in the process breaking EVERY image link ever shared!) and moving to a pricing model of something daft like $399/year if you want to re-instate your shares!

They're probably not long for this world pulling stunts like that...

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/4/15919 ... aid-update
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

peejay wrote:Heads-up on PhotoBucket - they've removed their free image hosting service (and in the process breaking EVERY image link ever shared!) and moving to a pricing model of something daft like $399/year if you want to re-instate your shares!

They're probably not long for this world pulling stunts like that...

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/4/15919 ... aid-update
Don't know if they've changed their mind or the article is wrong but I use photobucket and all my images (including my avatar) are all still up.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.