Finding Someones BOL

How are you preparing
BlinkingCory

Finding Someones BOL

Post by BlinkingCory »

I found, or rather the dogs found, someones BOL this morning.
Ordinarilly, I never would have come across it, but the dogs had run into some really thick bush and wouldn't come out. I thought they'd gotten stuck into a rabbit or suchlike, so I had to batter my way through to find it.
Very impressive structure! Pallet flooring, three sides and a roof from a shed. All reinforced and tarps over top, plus a huge amount of leaf litter and debris. The open side being a simple drop down tarp.
Inside was an upended camp bed, two civvie style backpacks (I didn't open them up), three plastic jerry cans (I presumed water) and two massive plastic lidded boxes. I didn't open them up, but being what looked like wilkos specials they were semi transparent. One was chocker with tinned scran by the looks of it, the other had various bits.I made out tools and candles.
It must have been an absolute pig to build and stock.

It doesn't belong to anyone here does it? :)

I gave some thought to leaving a note. I actually wrote one saying 'Why not bury some of your gear mate?'
At the last moment I decided against leaving it.
I've come across simple shelters before, but never anything like this.

So. Anyone found anything like this? Would you have left a note? Defo a bit of a quandry for me that was.
shocker

Re: Finding Someones BOL

Post by shocker »

Install a little harmless tripwire flashbang - that should give them the heads up ! ;)

Seriously though, good on you mate for not ransacking the place. They do need a head up as if you found it, others will too. And if its that well stocked they will be gutted when the local youth adopt it as their new glue sniffing (or whatever is in fashion these days) haunt :cry:
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
BlinkingCory

Post by BlinkingCory »

Cheers shocker.
Couple of reasons why I didn't leave the note.
It's not a local wood, the nearest houses must be four miles away from it.
It's remarkably well hidden.

I pass the wood every two weeks. I will drop a note off next time. Probably for the best.
shocker

Post by shocker »

I have no idea about kids now as I have lost touch with my godson, but he, like I did at his age, roamed far and wide on his pushbike, poking around in remote copses and similar. Christ, if I had found a place like that when I was a kid I would have moved in as it sounds like its got more going for it than what I grew up in !
Captain Darling

Post by Captain Darling »

It might be homelessness. Stranger things have happened. Defor a plus one on not nicking his kit. Mark it as a way point on your GPS your real time though ;-).
Cutting, combustion, cordage, container, cover.
BlinkingCory

Post by BlinkingCory »

Captain Darling wrote:It might be homelessness. Stranger things have happened. Defor a plus one on not nicking his kit. Mark it as a way point on your GPS your real time though ;-).
The two boxes were (as well as the snap lids) taped to death. If not for that, homelessness would have been a guess.
I'm gonna take a drive out tomorrow and leave a note, should have done that today.
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

Shout a hello in the bug out lair first though in case someone is home.
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....
Britcit

Post by Britcit »

Maybe add in the note a reference to this forum.
If they are not already members , they may fit in well here .
"There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know."
shocker

Post by shocker »

What Brit said ^^^ up there, goood thinking that man !
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

I have my doubts it's someone living rough, not with the taped up boxes, if I was living there I'd be in the boxes for stuff every day, not keeping them taped up.
Probably someone BOL.
Did you look for "tell tales" he/she might have had something set to trip if it was disturbed.